The Magic of Marketing in Action
The Meaning of Marketing in Action edited by Kim Castle, BrandU®
[NOTE: Some words in this article may have been disguised to avoid triggering sp*m filters.]
The buzzword in business is MARKETING. However, people often get its meaning confused with the other ways they interact with their customers. Here's an eight step at-a-glance understanding of this tricky subject. See if you can apply it to your business.
1) You're a woman and you see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him and say, "I'm fantastic in bed." — That's Direct Marketing.
2) You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a handsome guy. One of your friends goes up to him and, pointing at you, says, "She's fantastic in bed."— That's Advertising.
3) You see a handsome guy at a party. You go up to him and get his telephone number. The next day you call and say, "Hi, I'm fantastic in bed." — That's Telemarketing.
4) You see a guy at a party, you straighten your dress. You walk up to him and pour him a drink. Y ou say, "May I?" and reach up to straighten his tie, brushing your breast lightly against his arm, and then say, "By the way, I'm fantastic in bed." — That's Public Relations.
5) You're at a party and see a handsome guy. He walks up to you and says, "I hear you're fantastic in bed." — That's Brand Recognition.
6) You're at a party and see a handsome guy. He fancies you, but you talk him into going home with your friend. — That's a Sales Rep.
7) Your friend can't satisfy him so he calls you. — That's Tech Support.
8) You're on your way to a party when you realize that there could be handsome men in all these houses you're passing. So you climb onto the roof of one situated towards the center and shout at the top of your lungs, "I'm fantastic in bed!"— That's Junk Mail.
If you want someone to “buy” from you, one way or another you’ve got to get the word out.
© Castle Montone, Limited
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE OR WEB SITE? You can. Simply include this blurb with it: “Brand Visioneer and BrandU Co-founder, Kim Castle teaches entrepreneurs and small business owners how to turn their business ideas into a money-making marketable brand. If you want to experience clarity all the way to the bank™, get started now at http://www.brandu.com/rd.cfm?id=743"