10 Questions to find a business idea that is a perfect fit for you
1.What are your values? What are you committed to? What must you do in order for you to be you? What do you do that you have endless energy (passion) for? If all your life, you have loved to explore and you remember exploring even when you were 6 or 7 years old, then that is a value for you.
2. What are your strengths? What do you do well and really enjoy doing? What can you do so well that you do it almost perfectly every time you do it. Use the book Now Discover Your Strengths with its online strength assessment written by Marcus Buckingham and Donald O. Clifton.
3.What is your behavioral style? How do you behave under stress? What is your natural style? It is easiest to work using your natural style. Adapting takes energy. Find your behavioral style by taking the 15 minute assessment at .
4. What are your interests? What are your hobbies? What do you read? What do you do in your spare time?
5. What are your talents? What have you developed in yourself just naturally that sets you apart from others?
6. What are your skills? What are you good at that you enjoy and could develop more. Find lists of skills in books such as The Three Boxes of Life and What Color is Your Parachute?.
7. What businesses do you see that interest you? Do some market research to acquaint yourself with the variety of possible businesses. Interview business owners to find out what they do and how they do it.
8. What ideas do you have right now? (Sit quietly with your answers for 1 through 7 and see if something jumps out at you. This should be done in an open, relaxed state. Leave lots of time so you won’t feel pressured. If nothing comes up for you, leave it and come back to it at another time.)
9.Do you need your business to support you totally or are you looking for supplemental income? What is your target in dollars (or your currency)?
10. Will this business idea produce the revenue you need? Will this business idea allow you to lead the life you want to lead?