How Individuals And Teams Get Aligned Fast With A Process Of Questioning, Energy Shifting, Self-Esteem Raising, And Confidence Building
Free PDF Download|
Guerilla Marketing for Lawyers - By Terri Levine
Picture yourself entering a corporate meeting, team meeting, or business meeting. There you are sitting in the room, while someone in the "expert" or "boss" chair speaks to you or at you. There you are, not aligned with that person's mission or vision. There you are, feeling apart from the process. There you are, lacking energy and the desire for being there. There you are, hearing what is going wrong and what you or your team or department needs to change or improve. How are you feeling?
Are you feeling a great connection to the meeting? Are you feeling enthusiastic about being in attendance at the meeting? Are you fully present at the meeting? Are you deeply tuned in and listening with your heart and your head? Are you inspired to co-create, participate, and contribute? Or, are you ready to fall asleep, or count the minutes of what you feel is wasted time?
My experience in my two plus decades of being in business and in coaching business clients around the world is that the system of meetings, clearly, must change. Most meetings don't include participant involvement and actually serve to tune people out rather than tune them in, and as a result, the intention of the meeting falls short of its purpose. In other words, they really can be a waste of precious company time.
The process of Meeting Alignment, that we've been teaching companies around the world, has allowed them to use a systematic process that engages people in meetings and creates a desire for them to contribute and fully participate in these business meetings.
The Meeting Alignment Process and the results it creates include:
- A desire to co-create: The purpose of a meeting isn't to get across "your" agenda; it shifts to sharing your thoughts and hearing fully the thoughts and ideas of others to co-create the meeting purpose and actions.
- Deep tuning in: Most meetings involve people talking and listening to themselves. The Meeting Alignment Process teaches people to fully listen with their hearts and to listen beyond the words to what is not said, to emotions, and to fully hear others.
- The Meeting Alignment Process teaches techniques of being non-judgmental, so that people can fully hear and support each other and let new ideas IN vs. rule out and defend against why things won't work. It produces a safe environment in which people feel encouraged to participate.
- Non-attachment: Many people think meetings are about a specific outcome occurring - the meeting holder's outcome... that's a surefire way to alienate people and result in them NOT wanting to support you. The Meeting Alignment Process allows for each person to give up "their" outcome and allows the meeting and solutions to unfold for the good of the entire group.
- What's wrong: Most meetings focus on problems, fixing problems, or informing people of change. The meeting needs to come from a place of asking what IS working and involve what IS the right type questions. These questions form the basis of creating a positive energy flow and opening up creativity. It's the basic principle of encouraging a sense of positivity rather than negativity.
- Framework of questions: Questions in this process focus on what is working, why it works, what would be the perfect ideal vision, and what isn't quite right yet, and then, coming up with resources and inspired actions to create the outcome of the meeting.
- Feel good! When people attend a meeting where EVERY idea is praised and contributions rewarded and people thanked and really appreciated for their contributions, this raises self-esteem, confidence, and morale. People want to participate in meetings that make them feel good, not only about the company they work for, but about themselves and their role in it.
Companies following a systematic process of creating a Meeting Alignment Process, take morale out of the toilet bowl fast. Their employees are happier, their retention rates rise, and the corporate culture shifts to one of enthusiasm.
A beneficial win-win situation is created and everybody gets to bask in success.
Related ArticlesTop 10 Benefits of Teams
Finding Meaningful Work Starts With Self Awareness
Team Building Tips for Proactive Leaders
Blueprint for Building a Business On Purpose
Master Your Game: High Performance Teams
The Characteristics Of High Performing Teams
Functional Leadership Teams
Building Your Confidence Is Easier Than You Think
Trust in a New Age
The Conflict Transformation of a Leader
The Joy of True Teamwork
Six Principles of Effective Leadership Training for Entrepreneurs
Do You Have a System?
What Makes Fast Teams Too Slow?
BUILDING A HIGH PERFORMING TEAM
Managers Only Gain 4 Per Cent Pay Rise
Launching a New Nontraditional Offering
The Right Questions To Help You Recover From A Setback
The Benefits of a Team Building Event or Away Days
Energy Vampires Are Sabotaging Your Organization
Free PDF Download|
Guerilla Marketing for Lawyers - By Terri Levine
About the Author: Terri Levine
RSS for Terri's articles - Visit Terri's website
Business mentor Terri Levine specializes in helping entrepreneur-owned businesses achieve record-breaking growth. Based in Philadelphia, Terri is founder and CEO of Comprehensive Coaching U, Inc., The Professional's Coach Training Program. She has been featured on ABC, NBC, CNBC and MSNBC, and in more than 1,500 publications. She is a sought after public speaker and the best-selling author of Sell Without Selling, Coaching Is for Everyone and Stop Managing Start Coaching. Learn more at http://www.TerriLevine.com. Contact Terri at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to visit Terri's website.
More from Terri Levine
8 Ways You Can Become More Valuable to Everyone you Meet
More Oomphy Moments Please
Marketing by Mobile
Top Ten Things You Need To Know about Conflict Resolution
Your Career Journey
Related Forum Posts6 Simple Ways to Be Taken More Seriously
The Old Girl's Network - (2003)
Type of business with building
Share this article. Fund someone's dream.
|Today’s Profiles of Entrepreneurship in Africa: Aliko Dangote|
|Is Your Business Tough Enough to Survive Recession?|
|Features of Kall8 Phone Service|
|Catch Someone Doing Something Right|
|How to Listen like a Detective|
By: Evan Carmichael
||Like this page? PLEASE +1 it!|
Get advice & tips from famous business
owners, new articles by entrepreneur
experts, my latest website updates, &
special sneak peaks at what's to come!
Designing Employee-Enhancing Training Programs
Getting The Media Attention You Deserve
••••••>Creative Titles Creation for Great SEO
Email us your ideas on how to make our
website more valuable! Thank you Sharon
from Toronto Salsa Lessons / Classes for
your suggestions to make the newsletter
look like the website and profile younger
entrepreneurs like Jennifer Lopez.