How To Be An Assertive Marketer Advice From Your Strategic Thinking Business Coach
Many business people, especially entrepreneurs, have a real aversion to marketing. They are very concerned that they will be viewed negatively as salespeople and most negatively viewed as a stereotypical used car salesman, who is less than honest and makes promises that are too good to be true! What often happens is that a very passive marketing approach is taken and it simply does not work. So, they are faced with a dilemma of being too loud or annoying or too subtle so they sound like all the competition.
It is very important to realize that assertive marketing does not mean you are annoying, loud or deceitful. Assertive marketing does mean you are demonstrating determination, enthusiasm and initiative. And there are several ways you can and must exhibit assertiveness in your marketing. Your Strategic Thinking Business Coach provides the following advice as to ten (10) ways you can be an assertive marketer.
1. Develop and document a written clearly defined strategic marketing plan for your business.
2. Develop a written list of clearly defined and measurable goals for your business for the next year.
3. Develop and document a written strategic marketing action plan which outlines a goal leader, list of tasks, accountability for each goal and a due date for each goal.
4. Develop a written positioning statement for your company.
5. Request and get written testimonials from your clients and feature those testimonials in your marketing to provide positive proof of the results gained from your products and/or services.
6. Focus your strategic marketing efforts on your client’s and prospects interests and needs.
7. Develop and implement a strategic client relationship management system to achieve Top Of Mind Awareness (TOMA).
8. Contact and reactivate past clients. Call them or send them a letter or email, but make sure to contact them
9. Network! Network! Network!
10. Develop your 100 most desired clients list and plan an aggressive business marketing campaign to retain existing clients and attain new clients.
If you follow-up on the above ten actions, then you will be an assertive marketer. Your Strategic Thinking Business Coach encourages you to fully realize the benefits of strategic marketing to grow your business. If you would like to learn more about how a strategic thinking business coach can facilitate and guide you in that endeavor to gain a strategic marketing advantage, please contact Glenn Ebersole today through his website at www.businesscoach4u.com or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org