Your PR Doctors Ten Top Reasons That Tell Yout Its Time to Hire a Publicist or Public Relations Firm
Today’s businesses and business professionals wonder how they can possibly know if they need to hire a publicist or a public relations firm. Obviously there are many factors to consider when making this decision. To provide some guidance to businesses, here are ten top reasons that provide confirmation you need to hire a publicist or PR firm.
1. The news releases you have prepared and submitted never or very rarely are used by the media.
2. There is a significant lack of PR savvy internally within your company.
3. Your media kits are not designed to be consistent with the firm’s image and are not designed with the flexibility to be tailored to varying media needs.
4. There are no significant relationships established with the media and therefore you are easily ignored. And there are no solid media contacts lists.
5. There is no real strategic communications and public relations plan for the company.
6. The efforts put forth in opinion pieces, “pitch letters” and actual media kit content are totally ineffective.
7. There is no follow-up on any news releases, story pitches, etc.
8. Your competitors are constantly in the print and electronic media and you are nowhere to be found in the media.
9. You are turning down interview opportunities because you are not prepared and do not have someone to manage the interview requests.
10. You are not benefiting from increased awareness of your business, products and/or services through exposure in the media.
If you and your company identify with these reasons and are unsure of what to do, how to do it, when to do it, and who to do it with, please contact Glenn Ebersole through his web site at www.prdoctor4u.com or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about working with the media.
Have a question for Glenn? Ask or leave a comment below!