Brand Enhancer, Detractor or Adolescent: Which One Are You?
When it comes to branding, most corporations focus on enhancing the brand of their products and services – spending hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars developing their product’s packaging, advertising campaign and public relations strategy.
For you, an entrepreneur, your best branding strategy is to ensure that the way you appear, behave and communicate exude the overall branding strategy for your company. You are the company and as such, you need to solidify your company’s brand through your personal brand.
Your image (the way you appear, behave and communicate) plays a vital role in enhancing your company’s overall branding strategy. So, are you a brand enhancer, detractor or adolescent? In other words, do you hinder or help your company’s brand?
· Dresses impeccably, communicates exceptionally and behaves appropriately every day at the office.
· Creates positive impressions.
· Believes in the power of personal branding
· Possesses the necessary technical skills to get the job done but also understands the importance of possessing the right image in order to build rapport and trust with customers
· Believes the quality of their product or service is all that matters. Believes their image won’t impact their business’ success nor will it impact how a customer perceives their company.
· Purposely dresses, behaves and communicates the way they want, with complete disregard for the company brand.
· Naďve about personal and company branding. Has no idea how to create congruency between the company brand and their personal brand.
If you are a detractor you have to ask yourself why? Most detractors are one of two people: those who are unhappy with their situation in life, or those who think they know everything. If you are unhappy with your situation – make changes (you may even want to start with your image). If you are a know-it-all, take a look at some of the most successful individuals. They create congruency between their personal and company brands.
If you are a brand adolescent, learn how you can communicate your brand through your image. Choose an image consultant who specializes in personal branding and image for best results.
Entrepreneurs are so busy building the brand of their product or service they often forget that their personal brands either support or detract from their overall branding strategy. Take a few minutes now to determine whether or not your image supports your company’s brand. Then take the necessary steps to create congruency.