Ten New Year's Resolutions for Bloggers to boost their blogs
The days just before New Year are always quite memorable since we're reviewing our 2009 and looking forward to 2010. As the host of blogs, every blogger wishes the New Year can bring more visitors and opportunities for their blogs, so do you make your New Year resolution list like we do?
1. Make your blog looks personalized It's the most direct and practicable way to make your blog prominent from others, hard though. If you're a master of PHP or CSS, you can create in your own style. You can also order a unique one for ideas. Here are some free blog templates for people who want to decorate or give a new face to their blog in 2010. No matter what template you are going to use, remember to share more to impress your readers.
2. Think out more interesting topics Don't be too tired of writing things on your blog. According to the experience of those successful bloggers, they used to write two or more articles every day, yet one new article weekly now. The speed of your blog's update is important but often has tiny effect. You can try to create your topics which are useful, unique, evocative and even controversial to receive higher traffic since people know they can get something new from your blog.
3. More followers on Twitter Over millions of people at different ages join this micro-blogging service. Supposing what cheers once thousands of users on Twitter receive your message taking about your blog and feel curious to pay a visit. In fact, answering questions and leaving useful messages on Twitter are also impressive ways to promote your blog. People feel happy to receive helps from others, so be diligent on Twitter all the time.
4. Remain every visitor Blog should be a place of communication more than one same voice. It's very precious people leaving comments on your blog. You should reply them seriously and invite them to be back to your blog if possible. The RSS (Really Simple Syndication) feed can help you to gather more readers by sending your latest update to their feed readers, so you can try to make full use of it.
5. Make your blog active Simple is good, but not always suits for everyone's taste. More and more bloggers are trying to add some interesting objects like screencast video and podcast to their blogs, making them interactive and vivid. In many well-known blogs referring to software, e-learning and news release, you can easily find embedded video tutorials or online podcast play. With some screen recorder like Camstudio and DemoCreator, you can make your own screen video with ease.
6. Offer things for free People like free things and always be crazy about it. The online free concept has been deeply rooted into all netizens' hearts so it's quite charming if you can share some resources and ideas free on your blog. Don't ask your visitors to pay a penny because they think the blog should be free before entering your blog.
7. Contact with more bloggers Try to improve relationships with more bloggers. It's very easy to gain lots of RSS deed readers if your offer enough useful information to other bloggers. They will willingly introduce your blog and you to people they know. Another way is to submit your blog to some well-known blog groups like blogcatalog.
8. Far away from Spam and advertisement It's really troublesome when you find those endless comment spams with meaningless words and unknown links occupying your blog. In that case, you should find something to protect it from junks. In addition to No Follow attribute to avoid the spam links, you can take advantage of the CAPTCHA technique to filter majority of waste comment. Pray for no spam at your blog.
9. Choose a comprehensive blog platform Once your blog is established, keep it stable and don't move or change to another platform unless as you have to take the last resort, because you might lose many of your existing readers by doing that. If you are preparing to host a new one, go to those big blog communities and ask for advices which platform to choose at first, or read this article about blog platform comparison.
10. If you can earn from your blog? If you're not thinking about earning dollars by hosting blog, that's quite good. But if you aim at it, here are some ways worthy to attempt: Google AdSense, affiliate, paid links, paid review, product promotion and so on. It's simple but also tough thing since you might spend more time and energy to make it.
Conclusion That's all about wish list for bloggers in the New Year. There will be more fantastic and creative thoughts of making great blogs with the development of the Internet, so you have to follow it with new ideas. In any case, hope these ten New Year resolutions bring you success in the year 2010.