||Like it? PLEASE +1 it! Thanks!|
Patience in Marketing
prospects are thinking each time they look at your advertisement.
The owner of a small business takes a leap of faith and contracts to run
a weekly ad in the local newspaper with a frequency of once a week for a
full year. After five weeks, the results displease him so much that he
cancels his contract.
Five ads in five weeks seems like a lot of frequency in marketing. Five
exposures do, indeed, establish some momentum. But they don't even come
close to create enough desire to motivate a sale. To truly comprehend
how much frequency is enough to spark that sale, you've got to know just
what your prospects think from each exposure. Here is exactly what each
one thinks as he or she looks at the ad you've run:
1. The first time a man looks at an advertisement, he does not see
2. The second time, he does not notice it.
3. The third time, he is conscious of its existence.
4. The fourth time, he faintly remembers having seen it before.
5. The fifth time, he reads it.
6. The sixth time, he turns up his nose at it.
7. The seventh time, he reads it through and says, "Oh brother!"
8. The eighth time, he says, "Here's that confounded thing again!"
9. The ninth time, he wonders if it amounts to anything.
10. The tenth time, he asks his neighbor if he has tried it.
11. The eleventh time, he wonders how the advertiser makes it pay.
12. The twelfth time, he thinks it must be a good thing.
13. The thirteenth time, he thinks perhaps it might be worth
14. The fourteenth time, he remembers wanting such a thing a long
15. The fifteenth time, he is tantalized because he cannot afford to
16. The sixteenth time, he thinks he will buy it some day.
17. The seventeenth time, he makes a memorandum to buy it.
18. The eighteenth time, he swears at his poverty.
19. The nineteenth time, he counts his money carefully.
20. The twentieth time he sees the ad, he buys what it is offering.
The list you've just read was written by Thomas Smith of London in l885.
So how much of that list is valid right now, today? The answer is all of
Guerrillas know that the single most important element of superb
marketing is commitment to a focused plan. Do you think commitment is
easy to maintain after an ad has run nineteen times and nobody is
buying? It's not easy. But marketing guerrillas have the coolness to
hang in there because they know how to get into a prospect's
unconsciousness, where most purchase decisions are made. They know it
takes repetition. This knowledge fuels their commitment. Anyhow, they
never thought it was going to be easy.
As real estate is location location location, marketing is frequency
Related ArticlesNetwork Marketing Tools You Need to Be Successful! Fast Success Guaranteed!
Marketing\'s Greatest Ally
Lesson #5: Patience is a Virtue
Patience for Entrepreneurs
Manufacturing Excellence - Inspire, Lead, and Succeed with PATIENCE!
Entrepreneurs Persist To The End
Success Requires Patience and Persistence
How To Market Your Services or Products
HAVE HIGH STANDARDS FOR YOURSELF
Patience As Your Virtuosity
The Keys to Business Success
Do You Have What It Takes To Be Successful With An MLM Business?
Can you get rich quick through internet marketing?
A Positive approach to the Credit Crunch
SEO Specialists Could Be The Key To Your Internet Success
The Importance of Patience In Marketing Services
Are you Kind to yourself?
Recipe for Home Business Success: Why Patience Determination and Willingness to Learn are Paramount
Just Because You Are Impatient Does NOT Mean I Have To Move Any Faster
Free PDF Download
Q. What suggestions do you have for retailers who do e-mail marketing?
By Jay Conrad Levinson
About the Author: Jay Conrad Levinson
RSS for Jay's articles - Visit Jay's website
Jay Conrad Levinson is the author of the best-selling marketing series in history, "Guerrilla Marketing," plus 30 other books. His books have sold 14 million copies worldwide. His guerrilla concepts have influenced marketing so much that today his books appear in 41 languages and are required reading in many MBA programs worldwide.
Click here to visit Jay's website.
Biggest Complaints About Voice Mail
The Guerrilla Entrepreneur
What the big guys say
The Importance of Permission
Secrets of Email
Related Forum PostsRe: Quote of the Day - "You don't have to be superhuman to do wh
Re: What is your Business?
Re: Letís talk about the ways of marketing your products, servic
Glad to be a member! - We Consult businesses FREE!
Re: Should Evan add a "Social Media Marketing" category to the f
Share this article. Fund someone's dream.
Share this post and you'll help support entrepreneurs in Africa through our partnership with Kiva. Over $50,000 raised and counting - Please keep sharing! Learn more.
||Like this page? PLEASE +1 it!|