||Like it? PLEASE +1 it! Thanks!|
Visualize and Affirm Your Desired Outcomes: A Step-by-Step Guide
1. It activates your creative subconscious which will start generating creative ideas to achieve your goal.
2. It programs your brain to more readily perceive and recognize the resources you will need to achieve your dreams.
3. It activates the law of attraction, thereby drawing into your life the people, resources, and circumstances you will need to achieve your goals.
4. It builds your internal motivation to take the necessary actions to achieve your dreams.
Visualization is really quite simple. You sit in a comfortable position, close your eyes and imagine — in as vivid detail as you can — what you would be looking at if the dream you have were already realized. Imagine being inside of yourself, looking out through your eyes at the ideal result.
Athletes call this visualization process “mental rehearsal,” and they have been using it since the 1960s when we learned about it from the Russians. All you have to do is set aside a few minutes a day. The best times are when you first wake up, after meditation or prayer, and right before you go to bed. These are the times you are most relaxed. Go through the following three steps:
1. Imagine sitting in a movie theater, the lights dim, and then the movie starts. It is a movie of you doing perfectly whatever it is that you want to do better. See as much detail as you can create, including your clothing, the expression on your face, small body movements, the environment and any other people that might be around. Add in any sounds you would be hearing — traffic, music, other people talking, cheering. And finally, recreate in your body any feelings you think you would be experiencing as you engage in this activity.
2. Get out of your chair, walk up to the screen, open a door in the screen and enter into the movie. Now experience the whole thing again from inside of yourself, looking out through your eyes. This is called an “embodied image” rather than a “distant image.” It will deepen the impact of the experience. Again, see everything in vivid detail, hear the sounds you would hear, and feel the feelings you would feel.
3. Finally, walk back out of the screen that is still showing the picture of you performing perfectly, return to your seat in the theater, reach out and grab the screen and shrink it down to the size of a cracker. Then, bring this miniature screen up to your mouth, chew it up and swallow it. Imagine that each tiny piece — just like a hologram — contains the full picture of you performing well. Imagine all these little screens traveling down into your stomach and out through the bloodstream into every cell of your body. Then imagine that every cell of your body is lit up with a movie of you performing perfectly. It’s like one of those appliance store windows where 50 televisions are all tuned to the same channel.
When you have finished this process — it should take less than five minutes — you can open your eyes and go about your business. If you make this part of your daily routine, you will be amazed at how much improvement you will see in your life.
Create Goal Pictures
Another powerful technique is to create a photograph or picture of yourself with your goal, as if it were already completed. If one of your goals is to own a new car, take your camera down to your local auto dealer and have a picture taken of yourself sitting behind the wheel of your dream car. If your goal is to visit Paris, find a picture or poster of the Eiffel Tower and cut out a picture of yourself and place it into the picture. With today’s technology, you could probably make an even more convincing image using your computer.
Create a Visual Picture and an Affirmation for Each Goal
We recommend that you find or create a picture of every aspect of your dream life. Create a picture or a visual representation for every goal you have — financial, career, recreation, new skills and abilities, things you want to purchase, and so on. When we were writing the very first Chicken Soup for the Soul® book, we took a copy of the New York Times best seller list, scanned it into our computer, and using the same font as the newspaper, typed Chicken Soup for the Soul into the number one position in the “Paperback Advice, How-To and Miscellaneous” category. We printed several copies and hung them up around the office. Less than two years later, our book was the number one book in that category and stayed there for over a year!
We practice a similar discipline every day. We each have a list of about 30-40 goals we are currently working on. We write each goal on a 3x5 index card and keep those cards near our bed and take them with us when we travel. Each morning and each night we go through the stack of cards, one at a time, read the card, close our eyes, see the completion of that goal in its perfect desired state for about 15 seconds, open our eyes and repeat the process with the next card.
Use Affirmations to Support Your Visualization
An affirmation is a statement that evokes not only a picture, but the experience of already having what you want. Here’s an example of an affirmation:
I am happily vacationing 2 months out of the year in a tropical paradise,
and working just four days a week owning my own business.
Repeating an affirmation several times a day keeps you focused on your goal, strengthens your motivation, and programs your subconscious by sending an order to your crew to do whatever it takes to make that goal happen.
Through writing down your goals, using the power of visualization and repeating your affirmations, you can achieve amazing results. Visualization and affirmations allow you to change your beliefs, assumptions, and opinions about the most important person in your life — YOU! They allow you to harness the 18 billion brain cells in your brain and get them all working in a singular and purposeful direction.
Your subconscious will become engaged in a process that transforms you forever. The process is invisible and doesn’t take a long time. It just happens over time, as long as you put in the time to visualize and affirm, surround yourself with positive people, read uplifting books and listen to audio programs that flood your mind with positive, life-affirming messages.
Repeat your affirmations every morning and night for a month and they will become an automatic part of your thinking — they will become woven into the very fabric of your being.
© 2006 Jack Canfield
Related ArticlesCRAVE Your Goals! Five Steps to Attract What You Desire and Deserve
5 Practical Tips to Boost Self Esteem
Practice Through Mental Dress Rehersal
Is Selling Difficult or Easy? It All Depends on Your Definitions
How to start your day the right way
How To Make A Ton Of Money With The One Tool You Already Have
Buying An Existing Business Part III of IX
Motivational and Inspirational Quotes That Guide Your Strategic Thinking Business Coach on Visions and Dreams
Real Estate Marketing Strategies - How to Make Your Visualizations a Reality
The Only Option is to Succeed
“Eight Key Characteristics For A Strategic Planning Facilitator, According To Your Strategic Thinking Business Coach”
Learn how to use affirmations and change your life, fast.
Are You Visualizing Your Success?
\"We sent out a mailing and nothing happened.\"
ROI - PR’s Holy Grail
CRAVE Your Goals! for College Students and Recent Graduates
Important Structures For a Successful Meeting
Put it Creatively or Put it Out of Its Misery
A Lesson From My Dog
Home > Entrepreneur-Advice > Jack Canfield > Visualize and Affirm Your Desired Outcomes A StepbyStep Guide > Google +
Free PDF Download
Build Momentum by Leaning Into It
By Jack Canfield
About the Author: Jack Canfield
RSS for Jack's articles - Visit Jack's website
Jack Canfield is one of America's leading experts in the development of human potential. He is a highly accomplished author, a dynamic and entertaining speaker, and an educator who has focused most of his efforts on the empowerment of adult learners in both educational and corporate settings. Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen are the #1 New York Times and USA Today bestselling coauthors of the Chicken Soup for the Soul® series, currently with 32 different titles in print, and worldwide sales of over 80 million copies in 39 languages. http://www.jackcanfield.com/newsletter_info.htm Click here to subscribe to Jack Canfield's FREE Success Strategies bi-monthly newsletter.
Click here to visit Jack's website.
More from Jack Canfield
Visualize and Affirm Your Desired Outcomes A StepbyStep Guide
You Are Who Your Friends Are
The Cycle of Completion Making Way for Success
Utilizing The Law of Attraction
Related Forum PostsRe: Logic takes you from A to B, Imagination takes you anywhere
Re: Management Processes?
Need a book recommendation for writing better
This Forum Is Fantastic! Glad To Be A Part Of It!
Re: Require Info on CAD Fed/Prov Grants for Restaurant Start-up
Share this article. Fund someone's dream.
Share this post and you'll help support entrepreneurs in Africa through our partnership with Kiva. Over $50,000 raised and counting - Please keep sharing! Learn more.
By: Evan Carmichael
By: Evan Carmichael
||Like this page? PLEASE +1 it!|