||Like it? PLEASE +1 it! Thanks!|
Small Business Using Video
I'm working on putting together some information to help small business marketers get beyond the "YouTube isn't for business" thinking. Actually, YouTube may not be for your business, but online video has some great uses.
I offered 5 readers with the best comments tickets to the Future of Online Advertising conference in New York June 7-8.
Overwhelmingly, at least to me, the most intriquing ideas surround the notion of letting users create video content either in a contest to create commercials or to demonstrate your products and services.
Here are the winners and some of what they said.
1) Viewer's Choice of Sponsor - I've said for years that one day I'll be able to get online to watch David Letterman and have a choice to pay for the viewing (minimal... perhaps $.50 per show, or some kind of subscription) or have an advertiser of my choice pay for the episode. ~ Kirk Lancaster
2) I pay $10 in store credit per instructional video. (The instructions are simple, so these videos are not long or complex.) People love it that I am promoting their instructional videos because they get to be "famous experts." ~ Lars H.
3) The best way for businesses to take advantage of video in marketing and advertising online is to educate. Nobody is going to watch a video ad. MySpace plays them all the time. Talking ads/moving ads - they're still ads and they annoy people. Teach them something, make it cool and boom, now they're talking about YOU. ~ Matt Antonino
4) In summary, its not the quality of the video, nor the amount of viewership, but getting the right eyes to view your video commercials online. ~ Sid
5) Allowing customers to create their own videos promoting your business or product. My favorite example right now is MyHeb.com. HEB is a growing grocery store chain in Texas, and they are currently holding a "Make Your Own Commercial". ~ Debby M
Stay tuned on this one! And, keep those good ideas coming.
Related ArticlesGetting Started with Video Marketing
Boost Your Traffic Using Video Marketing
How to Get Tons of Cash With Video Marketing! Cash Secret Revealed
What You Should Know About Making an Online Video for Your Business
Video Killed the Video Star
Be Careful of Free Video Sites That Aren't Really Free
Crosslinking Your Video with Your Website or Blog
3 “Out-of-the-Box” Video Ideas for Small Business Owners
A Three Minute Guide to Finding the Right Social Networking Marketing Video Course
Leveraging the Power of Video
How To Find Online Video Sites
How to Make a Video Go Viral
Conferencing solutions for startups
How to Create High Quality Screen Casts for the Web
Bad Co-Workers (Tip #59)
5 YouTube Time Management Tips
Learn How Video Marketing Can Help Your Business
Find marketing partners
How to Find the Right Social Networking Marketing Video Course to Meet Your Marketing Needs
Video Marketing Consistency
Free PDF Download
Weekend Favs May Twenty One
By John Jantsch
About the Author: John Jantsch
RSS for John's articles - Visit John's website
John Jantsch is a veteran marketing coach, award winning blogger and author of Duct Tape Marketing - The World's Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide (foreword by Michael Gerber, author of The E-Myth) published by Thomas Nelson - due out in the fall of 2006 He is the creator of the Duct Tape Marketing small business marketing system and Duct Tape Marketing Authorized Coach Network. His Duct Tape Marketing Blog was chosen as a Forbes favorite for small business and marketing and is a Harvard Business School featured marketing site. His blog was also chosen as "Best Small Business Marketing Blog" in 2004, 2005 and 2006 by the readers of Marketing Sherpa.
Click here to visit John's website.
Are We Marketing in a Mobile World
Make them a oneconditional guarantee
Why Do People Refer
But What Do I Write On My Business Blog
But You Do Need To Be Smart Enough to Buy It
Related Forum PostsMy entry
These maybe the coldest franchises out there:
Exclusive: Interview with Results
Re: Biz Plan Competition
New Small Business Topic
Share this article. Fund someone's dream.
Share this post and you'll help support entrepreneurs in Africa through our partnership with Kiva. Over $50,000 raised and counting - Please keep sharing! Learn more.
By: Evan Carmichael
By: Evan Carmichael
||Like this page? PLEASE +1 it!|