Franchises for a slow economy
During the first half of 2008 we have seen the economy slow and customer confidence reduced. So does reduced confidence mean reduced spending power? Not necessarily.
No matter what the state of the economy customers always buy products and services they value and need. The difference is that during times of economic concern customers analyse their priorities more and choose with a higher degree of selectivity. The money is out there and people have not stopped buying. The key is to offer essential services that people value via a recognised brand and do this very well.
The power of franchising - When you buy a franchise you are buying a tried and tested business model. This model must be followed to help ensure the franchisee’s success. Along with the proven business model every franchisee should receive ongoing support and training from their franchisor. The power of this model means that over 90% of franchisees in the UK run profitable franchised businesses.
Does this mean that franchising is recession proof? No it does not however, a well run business that focuses on high levels of customer satisfaction will increase repeat business and word of mouth recommendations. This helps any business grow.
So what should you do now?
• Decide what you want to do. Enthusiasm for what you do is a vital ingredient to help ensure success. You can only be enthusiastic about doing what you enjoy.
• Research options via directory information websites such as www.selectyourfranchise.com that will introduce you to a wide range of franchise opportunities and testimonials from their franchisees.
• Contact the franchisor(s) or your choosing via the contact details offered
• Visit the franchisor(s) of your choosing, see their operation and meet the people. Getting on with the people is important in any business building situation.
• See yourself building the franchise business
• Speak to franchisees and ask them any question you like including questions about business performance in an economic downturn.
• Commit to buying the franchise or not.
• If you decide to go ahead then contact the British Franchise Association and ask for contacts to accredited lawyers and banks for assistance with professional tasks and advise you will require during he buying process.
We wish you well in your search. Choose carefully, work hard and enthusiastically follow the proven franchise system. Best results in all economic climates are achieved by enthusiastic disciples of the proven franchise system.