Software Review: Top Business Payroll Software
Living in the digital era, manually managing your payroll is unnecessary and inefficient. There are numerous payroll software solutions available to assist business owners in this particular task. These software solutions are highly specialized. They do not have unnecessary features and are also remarkably affordable. To help you with your payroll concerns, we compiled a list of the best payroll services that you can utilize for your business.
Payroll Software Review
Small business payroll software solutions provide you with different options that range from expensive and extensive in-house business payroll software, to inexpensive yet reliable specialized online services. The top payroll software products are as follows:
1. QuickBooks - This is an accounting and payroll software solution that is simple, efficient, and has multiple payroll options. Priced around $100 to $300 per year, this software is a wise choice for small business owners who are looking for an extensive payroll service. QuickBooks also offers Online Payroll services at $29.95 a month.
2. SurePayroll - This is an online payroll service that is offered at $45 per month. It incorporates well with other reputed desktop accounting tools. It can also efficiently file your tax returns. SurePayroll is also available to represent you before the IRS if issues ever arise.
3. XpressPayroll - This is an easy-to-use and convenient small business-oriented online payroll service. It processes payroll easily. It can also file taxes, create reports, as well as process direct deposit payments.
4. Paychex's Online Payroll - This is an extensive set of web-based business payroll services that include complex and simple features for payroll management. With this tool, you can manage the employees' compensations and 401(k) more efficiently. Paychex's Online Payroll has more than eight years of expertise in this field.
5. PayCycle, Inc. - This company provides an online business payroll service that is currently utilized by 50,000 small businesses in different industries. This service covers employee pre-tax contributions as well as employer health savings account distributions. It also has electronic filing feature for IRS Form 944.
6. ADP (Automatic Data Processing) Inc. - This company provides data-processing services to midsize and enterprise markets. Its small business payroll solution called EasyPay provides various types of services, which include direct deposit payments, payroll envelopes preparation, as well as depositing, filing, and reporting of payroll taxes.
7. Peachtree - This is a complete accounting package that includes a small business payroll module. The software can easily and efficiently calculate your payroll, deliver checks, process direct deposits, and file federal, state, and local taxes.
8. E-chx Inc. - This is an online payroll service that currently gains immense popularity. It specializes in various industries, including restaurant, retail, legal, and accounting. In addition, the company offers its users a guarantee of a two-hour callback.
9. PayUSA Inc. - This company has more than 40 years of expertise in the industry. It prides itself with the convenience and speed of its "Payroll in a Flash" trademark service.
10. Wells Fargo Business Payroll Services - This is a convenient payroll service that is capable of printing checks and processing deposits. It can also deal with tax deposits or can send W-2 and 1099 forms to your employees.
Tips On Choosing Business Payroll Software
Price is not the only factor that you need to consider when purchasing or subscribing to a small business payroll service. The expertise of the company and their ability to represent you in front of the IRS in difficult situations should also be taken into consideration. You may need to check references and reviews regarding the company's services to make sure that its payroll service suits your business needs and preferences.
The following are the essential features you need to take into account when choosing business payroll software:
• Automatic tax calculations
• Handling of federal forms
• Customization options
• Simplicity and convenience
• Check printing
• Generation of business reports
• Direct deposit
• Technical support
Remember you do not need a costly accounting package if you are just a start-up company. On the other hand, relying on small business payroll software that is less expensive and lacks major features can also be useless.