Getting your Home Based Business off to a good start may need a little preparation and planning.
1. Do your research to see if your product is something that people want and need.
2. Don't waste your money advertising to people who aren't interested.
3. Start an ezine to keep your customers interested.
4. Personalised your messages to ensure that they get read. If you include the recipient's name in the subject line, they will know that the email is something they signed up to and not spam.
5. Keep your website updated with relevant information.
6. Attract more subscribers to your ezine by giving them free information and helpful tips and hints. Keep your ezine light hearted and chatty, and tell your readers a little about yourself
7. Offer a bonus product. This can be a free ebook, software, online services or other incentives such as a video or access to articles you have written
8. Create an extra income stream by selling advertising space in your ezine and on your home based business website. You can also add Google Adsense for increased revenue
9. Be transparent. Have an "About me" page that gives a clear indication of who you are and what you are about.
10. No new home based business is complete without a marketing strategy. Find out where your target audience hang out. Check forums and social networking sites and listen to what they have to say and what their needs are.
A legitimate work at home business such as this is the only way to go. There are too many scams out there on the internet that are one night wonders. They take your money and then they disappear never to be seen again. Setting your plan for your own home based business is by far the safest way to earn a good living on the internet.