The Importance of Email Marketing To Your Bottom Line!
Now what does that have to do with email marketing you might ask?
Well, marketing online has changed dramatically over the last 18mths. It is now
• too expensive for the average ‘at home’ website owner to advertise using ppc
• consumers are not as responsive to marketing ‘sales pitches’ as they once were
• trust and relationship building is a key factor to making a sale
• it is much easier to upsell to existing customers then attract a new customer
So with this knowledge, it is imperative that anyone who wishes to maintain or build a successful business online going forward, includes email marketing as key component to their marketing strategy.
What types of email marketing campaigns are proving successful?
• newsletters are popular with information marketing
• specials, sales and bonus updates that gives overwhelming value to your customers
• free gifts and giveaways that drive customers into your store
• video tutorials or free email courses that lead to up-sells over a period of time
• surveys, asking what your customer wants from you and delivering on their requests
Your type of business, target audience and customer needs/wants/desires, will be the deciding factor as to what type of email marketing campaign you deliver.
The most important thing to note is that owning an online business is no different than an offline business. To be successful you must
• Building strong relationships with your customer
• Delivery reliable and exceptional customer service
• Over deliver on your promise
• And most importantly, provide quality products and services
If you follow all of the above, you will find that word of mouth, great search engine optimisation, and a sound email marketing campaign will help you to grow your business, your profits and your success.
The two email marketing services that I highly recommend are:
Aweber or iContact, but no matter which one you choose the most important message to take away is that you should be comunicating and building relationships with your customers at least 2-3 times per month.
Have a question for Pam? Ask or leave a comment below!