6 Reasons Why I Became A Network Marketer / MLMer Much To The Chagrin Of Family and Friends.
Once word gets out to family and friends that you are in a network marketing business opportunity hang on for dear life. They will use every tool they have - short of calling in the priest from the Exorcist - to cure you from your continued participation with your network marketing cult.
Has this ever happened to you? You are at a family gathering, say a holiday party, and your cousin calls across the room "So, Stan, I hear you joined one of those network marketing scams. What's that all about?" This actually happened to me and being totally embarrassed, I felt like crawling under the carpet.
My 6 reasons for joining my network marketing company:
1. The products. They were far superior than I could buy locally. And the few customers I did have also enjoyed the products and gave me repeated re-orders.
2. The social aspect. I was able to expand my circle of friends by meeting other distributors at various functions.
3. The additional money. Who could not use some extra money? Okay, I am not able to go out and buy a new Ferrari - yet - but at least I took a step forward.
4. I look forward to the day when the addition income becomes a replacement income so I can leave my job and have the time freedom to enjoy life.
5. Control over my future. Working in my job I had zero control over what could happen to me. At least with my own network marketing business this is allowing me to control my future. More effort in building my business, more results out of it.
6. Help others. As I build my team, I have always been one to give others my all. I suppose by helping them build their business, it will come back to me as well.
You may have similar or even more, reasons why you joined your network marketing company. The fact is that your reasons become your why: Why do you take so much rejection? Why do you continue on when it would be so easy to quit? Why do you run out to do a presentation when it would be so much more relaxing just staying home and watching television?
Have a question for Andy or want to leave a comment?