Network Marketing Successful Home Meeting: 5 Tactical Steps
Before the online business presentations (and their counterpart cd's and dvd's), the most popular form of presenting to small groups of people was the home meeting. The home meeting is ideally composed of 4 - 8 or 10 prospects and is held in a living room or family room.
Due to the popularity of home meetings and the scarcity of upline to conduct the presentations came the birth of the hotel function room meetings where prospect attendance could expand to anywhere from 25 to several hundred. Sponsors are usually charged a low room share fee of between $5 - $10 and their prospect(s) is admitted for free.
Let's confine our discussion to conducting a successful home business presentation.
1. The Invitation. Invite up to 10 "definitely will be there" friends, family and acquaintances. Anyone that tells you "I'll try." Always respond that you will count that as a cannot make it and if they know for sure that they will be attending then by all means give you call. (An "I'll try" should be a red flag to you. This is a person that cannot say no so they keep you dangling instead.) A poor showing is a message to whoever does your presenting that his presenting might be more productive in another living room rather than yours!
2. The Approach. Never deceive or beg anyone into coming. Tell them you are excited to host a business presentation right at your home. And, start edifying the presenter with a statement like "...and we are so fortunate to have ____________ doing our presentation. It will start right at 8PM, will you be able to attend? Okay, I'll put you down as a definite. See you then. (If no, that's too bad. If things change in your schedule, give me a call and I'll see if we can squeeze you in.")
3. The Day of the Meeting. Make sure you call each one of those that said they would definitely be attending. "Hi ____________, this is ____________. I'm not sure if I told you the time of our meeting tonight. It's at 8 o'clock...I'll see you here at 8." Do not say that you are making a reminder call because this gives your prospect a perfect out to respond "Is it tonight? I'm sorry but I can't possibly make it tonight, I completely forgot."
4. Meeting. Be sure all distractions are off. No televisions, radio or music in other rooms. If you have animals, crate them away from where your guests will be. If you have small children...well be sure you have someone to watch them in another area of your home. In an ice breaker move, you should start introducing your guests to each other. Once the presenter arrives, slink into the woodwork and let him or her take control. When the presentation is ready to begin, you should introduce the presenter formally to the group and be sure to build that person up so your guests will pay more attention to what is being said. Then sit down and give the presenter your full attention.
5. Refreshments. After the presentation is over, it's time to serve refreshments and allow your guests to chat with the presenter in order to have any question they may have, answered. Remember this is a system of duplication. Your invited prospects will look at you and keep asking themselves "Can I do what she or he is doing?" If you serve dinner or some exotic desserts, you will probably have your prospects not join your network marketing business. Not because of the presentation but they will think, I could never serve what is being served. So, make your refreshments as simple as possible: beverages (coffee and punch) and store-bought, packaged cookies (yes, cookies).
The name of the game is to allow your presenter to have full control of the evening in spite of it being your home. If you want your home based business built, the presenter will do just that...all you have to do is step aside and let him/her work their magic on your behalf.