Social Networking to Turn Social Networking Into a Million Dollar Game Plan
The sheer number of contacts you can generate via online networking today should have you researching social networking marketing ideas and implementing them as soon as possible. Whether you are an individual entrepreneur, a small business owner or a business owner with a multi national determines how important it should be for you to check out social networking marketing ideas.
It's been noted that of the 3.5 billion word of mouth conversations that occur around the world each day, about two out of three of them, or around 2.3 billion, will refer to a brand, product or service. Word of mouth, once considered taking place via in person, on the phone or in writing, is now included in the social networking digital media - where it can spread farther and faster. To quickly define social networking, it is the contacts made via the internet through various sites in which the control of the content is mandated by those posting to the site. Many definitions exist, but regarding marketing ideas, this is what we will refer to.
Every business is unique, so a social networking marketing idea that works for one business may not work for another. Different channels provide varied marketing ideas to implement and get in on the scene of networking for business. In the past, companies used various traditional media vehicles such as print, broadcast and direct mail to create an integrated marketing campaign. Today, social marketing must be combined with the other marketing ideas to make it even more integrated.
Here are just a few social marketing ideas and tools to use:
• Blogs - create a blog through Blogspot, Squidoo or HubPages promoting some aspect of your product or service, possibly even set up on your own website.
• Photo sharing - show your logos, products and services in action on sites like Flickr, Kodak Gallery and even Facebook.
• Video sharing - YouTube is of course the most well-known.
• Personal networking - Incorporate your personal life with your business life on MySpace, Facebook and others.
• Wikipedia postings - go to sites that represent your industry and provide content.
• Events and event services - Evite is a great online invitation service.
• Podcasting - audio broadcasting via the internet.
• SMS - texting through both the social networking site, Twitter, and cell phones.
• Microblogging - condensed, micro-sized versions of blogging that can be communicated via social sites, text messaging, IMing or email.
All of the above ideas work together to give you the most exposure possible. The marketing ideas are all doable and diverse to provide you and your company with a blanketed layer of exposure into the social networking scene.