Why You Should Use Video To Market
Video gives you the ability to communicate with people in a way that builds trust and a personal connection. Also once you put a video online it should always be there working 24/7 for you and it is also cheap and easy to do. So all in all video has many attributes to like.
Here are a few ideas about making video part of your marketing strategy.
1. Always put your video on your blog, it is or should be the hub of your social media advertising so placing your video there were people can find it and at the same time see more of what you are about is always going to be a good idea.
2. Make the first 15-20 seconds of your video very focussed on the benefit people will receive as they watch your video. If you don't get a person interested in that time they will simply leave your site.
3. Always be yourself. If you are fun and outgoing be fun and outgoing on the video. If you are more reserved and serious then that is what you need to be. Trying to be what you are not will lose a person's trust faster than anything else you can do.
4. Do an outline of what you want to say before you start talking but do not simply read from a script. By doing an outline of key points you will keep on track to get your message across but you will also allow yourself to be more natural and free flowing and that is much easier for someone watching you.
5. Make your title catchy, preferable use the keyword you are targeting just as you would in any other form of marketing but most importantly gain someone's attention. Basic copy writing skills are always going to be an important part of your skill set and learning to produce a good headline is vital.
6. Look directly at the camera as if you are speaking to someone at all times. Glancing away will make you seem untrustworthy and unreliable. Yes it takes some practice and you will most likely not be perfect straight away but just relax and talk to the camera and you will find it is something that gets easier with practice.
7. Have a clear call to action at the end of your video. By that I mean tell the person would action you would like them to take at the end of the video. It may simply be that you want them to comment or leave feedback or it may be that you want them to opt in to receive more training. Whatever it is you want ASK for it to happen.
8. When you edit your video make sure you have a call to action/way to contact you as the last credit. It is easy to do with any editing programme you choose but it is most important.
9. Have great lighting; make sure it is bright and easy to see you. Simply putting a brighter bulb in will improve your efforts or you can get a spotlight and direct it towards you. It will light up your face and most certainly make your video higher quality.
10. Get a microphone, they are cheap and improve your audio out of sight. We use a $200 flip camera but you can just as easily start with your webcam, just make sure you have a nice professional background and light yourself well.
11. Promote your video. Put it on YouTube first. If you really want to push things along use Traffic Geyser which is a paid programme but which will blast your video to 40 plus sites or tube mogul which is free but only has about 12-15 sites. Either way get yourself out there.