New Internet Marketers , Are You Ready To Make It Work?
You've already decided to make your living as an Internet Marketing Entrepreneur. Congratulations! To you and all of the thousands that made this career decision this week. But do YOU really have what it's going to take to make it work? Can YOU achieve the lifestyle that you desire? Most of these new entrepreneurs will be seeking another career path in the coming months. As you may already know, only 3% of internet marketers will be profitable. And that number shrinks greatly when you raise the bar to being highly profitable.
I'm not trying to discourage anyone, but a little bit of honesty right about now can go a long way in providing some clear vision of what lies ahead. It's my hope that this "clear vision" will help to shed light on the reality of how much work and dedication will need to be done developing, implementing and enhancing your new Internet Marketing Business to be successful, or better yet, nicely profitable!
Simply Google "Internet Marketing Business" and you will have 236 million results! "Online Marketing" will give you 541 million! Needless to say, there are almost unlimited opportunities out there.
And there in lies the downfall of so many new Internet Marketing Entrepreneurs! "Which Opportunity do I choose?" "Maybe I'll try this one." A week later..."No wait, this one looks better." A month later... "This isn't working how fast I thought it would. I'm not making anywhere near the money they claimed when I signed up. I have to look in a different direction."
Sound familiar? Be honest. It happened to me and I'm sure many of you have had the same experiences. My best advise to start your new business is as follows;
1. Do your homework first (Developing)- Research and Educate yourself in Internet Marketing. Decide through your research what type of Internet Marketing you really are interested in pursuing. The reason I say "interested in" is because if you cannot develop a passion for your business, YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED! Are you interested in marketing someones physical products, advertising for traditional businesses, marketing e books, marketing your own expertise and so on. Decide on which direction you are going to move forward in and learn as much as you can about this market- who am I marketing to, how do I reach my target consumers, how do I build trust with clients, can I refine a niche market to focus like a laser on?
2. Prepare, prepare and then prepare some more! (Developing) From what you learn and decide in number 1 above, build your strategy. Do not fall into the trap of starting to market before you are ready to. You'll find yourself going in ten different directions at once and not accomplishing much of anything. I'm not going to say proceed slowly, but rather proceed in a steady, organized and congruent manner in a single direction.
3. After 1 and 2 above have been completed, start marketing! (Implementing) Based on what you are marketing, implement your marketing campaign whether it be through paid advertising, video marketing, social media, e books, article writing and so on. Keep a schedule and organize how you use your time to keep you marketing campaign on track.
4. Stick to your guns (Implementing and Enhancing)- This is going to take time as well as effort. Don't fall into the trap of expecting to be making tons of money in a month or two. If you desperately need to increase your income immediately, you will be better off getting a second job. Your Internet Marketing Business will take your best efforts and time to build into a profitable business. Build on your advertising program once it's started. And continue to build. You have to establish yourself and your business as relevant, recognizable and trustworthy.
5. Your marketing has to keep up with a changing market place.(Enhancing) Your target consumer may be changing. Marketing methods need to keep up with what may be working today. If you fall behind, so do your sales. You must keep your content fresh and relevant on web pages or blogs. Create and implement new advertising campaigns. Keep those articles coming. Keep improving all aspects of your marketing. Internet Marketing depends on being visible to search engines. You have to make and keep your presence known!
If you've read through the article above, then it's my guess you honestly want to succeed and are ready to put the time and effort into your new business to do so. Now, let me say Congratulations! Having a clear vision, commitment and desire with an understanding of what lies ahead will give you a serious advantage with your business venture.