Search Engine Strategies
Most internet businesses rely on search engine strategies
for marketing in order to be more patronized. See, despite being fairly cheap,
establishing an internet business does collect some woeful conditions. There
are a million businesses in the world wide web, with thousands focused on the
same market. If you are a new entrepreneur, you’re bound to get overshadowed by
older, more experienced competitors.
Search engine strategies for marketing, such as PPC and SEO are great means for you to improve your business standing in the net. You can actually learn these processes if you want to be more “hands-on” with the processes. It will take time, but you will gain more rewards. To get you started on understanding the concepts, here are a few information snippets.
· PPC or pay-per-click is a paid internet marketing strategy wherein advertisers will be paying a predetermined amount of money to the host site for every click their ad receives while on display. Advertisers often go through the process of bidding for keywords to be used, especially if they intend to post on search engines. But for content sites, there is a fixed payment for the keyword or space to be used.
· Google Adwords, Yahoo Search Marketing and Microsoft adCenter are the most popular PPC providers.
· When you have a PPC ad on search engines, you site will be featured on top of the search results and be easily accessed by interested individuals. These, however, do not guarantee conversation. As such, advertisers are faced with the risk of spending without revenue.
· SEO is the acronym for search engine optimization, and this is the complete opposite of PPC. SEO practitioners do this in hopes that people will appreciate organic search results more in terms of relevance than paid ads. The purpose of this online marketing strategy is to manipulate the business’ site features so that it’ll they’d be favored by search engines among others.
· SEO encompasses a number of activities namely keyword research, meta tags creation, link building and content writing.
· Link building is basically equivalent to posting links of your site in popular information sites in order for it to be recognized as relevant by search engines. These can be bookmarking sites, directory sites, forum sites, blogs and article sites. Social networking sites are also often integrated in this aspect of SEO.
· SEO can be manually done or automatically accomplished by the use of tools. There have already been a lot of software developers that have created and marketed certain tools (both offline and online) to make all SEO activities faster and more manageable. Some of the tools are the SEO Powersuite, Bookmarking Demon, Traffic-Bug, Traffic Geyser and Unique Article Wizard.
· Like all other endeavors, SEO does have a good side and a bad side. White hat SEO pertains to the correct, ethical practice of search engine optimization. Black hat SEO denotes the use of illegal, subversive, and deceptive optimization means for boosting the popularity of the site – by cloaking, spamming, and misleading contents.
Honestly speaking, both search engine strategies for marketing are easy to conceptualize but difficult to act out and maintain. If you are not that eager to wait on the results of your learning, you can actually hire professionals to do things for you. That is of course, if you are willing to pay more for your website. Anyways, at the end of it all, you are to walk away with a better disposition.
Have a question for Justin or want to leave a comment? Click here.