What Kind Of Business Should I Start? (1of10)
Let us face it, we are not all cut out for starting our own business, and many that do, either fail or simply give up. We arrive that this kind of decision for many reasons, loss of job, need extra income and such. Others know from the get go what they want to do and have a good idea of what they need to do it. It is the first group that often ask what kind of business should I start, to which I usually ask what is your passion, your interest or hobby? This will usually get our conversation going. I then offer various assessments to help them sort out their interests, skills and such with the objective of determining the feasibility of them going into business, some idea of what kind of business and to help develop their personal development plan.
Recently I found the Small Business Entrepreneur Profiler™ online which is a service offered by Human Metrics for a nominal fee of $5.00. Human Metrics offers a variety of free and nominal fee services that include:
- Identify your personal type in Jung Typology Test. Obtain your type description and discover career choices and schools most suitable for your type.
- Are you compatible with your soul mate? Looking for a perfect dating partner? Need good and stable relationships? The answer is Jung Marriage Test
- Starting up or running a small business? Determine what kind of businesses and franchises are most favorable for you by Small Business Entrepreneur Profiler
- Why troubles stick to you? Can you control the fortune? How to succeed from optimal realization of your risk type. You'll find the answers in Risk Attitudes Profiler
Risk profiles of famous personalities
- Discover most preferable activities, best ways of working with others, and manage conflicts. Improve job satisfaction and reduce stress. Career Development Assessment
- Are you a person with a clear, distinct vision of the future ? Are you able to foresee it? Discover how visionary you are by Visionary Test
- Do you actively struggle for your rights and defend your views and opinions or tend to give up defending your rights and comply with the rules imposed on you ? Discover how assertive you are and learn how to assert yourself by Assertiveness Test
- Are you a person with high moral standards, or do you change your principles frequently, according to circumstances? Discover how moral you are by Morals Test
- We intentionally or unconsciously try to follow our role model's behavior, although often our relevant traits do not reasonably match those of our role model. For this reason it is more advantageous to choose as a role model personalities whose traits are similar to ours. Role Model Profiler
- Don't know whom to vote at the elections? Do you need more objective assessment of Mitt Romney or Barack Obama performance? Political Performance Indicator will help you.
- Organizations and professional users: interested in Jung personality assessments for career development, teambuilding, leadership, candidate assessment? HRPersonality™ will help you.
Applicants are often advised to learn about the company before they go for an interview. Why not also learn something about themselves by having some idea of their personal strengths and weakness before the interview.
For our purposes, we shall focus on Human Metrics Small Business Entrepreneur Profiler™ in this series of articles that will review and comment on each of their business types.
Many people start a small business but not all of them succeed. One of the most important factors which determine the success of a small business is the correct choice of business corresponding to your business type. We define seven basic business types as follows:
- Business Leader
- Licentiate (Licensee)
- Home business entrepreneur
- Business Leader - can start an innovative business, advance and expand it.
- Manager - can retain the stability of a business and develop it.
- Craftsman - bases the business on his professional skills. As a rule, he works on a business-to-client basis.
- Licentiate (Licensee) - can manage a well running business or a licensed business.
- Freelancer - bases his business on his professional knowledge and job skills. As a rule, he works on short-term business-to-business contracts.
- Home Business Entrepreneur - arranges his business at home. He operates on a business-to-client as well as on a business-to-business basis. In the latter he tries to arrange a long-term contract.
- Analyst - can develop, check and introduce new approaches and methods. Works in a partnership with other business types.
The test is based on statistics of hundreds of businesses. As a result of the test you will obtain your business type description, its strong and weak points, an indication of the business types that are the most favorable for partnership with you, and a list of the most typical successful businesses for your profile which were started individually and in partnership.
Stop by Human Metrics and take their free demo test.
This is the first in a series, our future articles that will review and comment on each of their business types.
Thanks for reading