7 Best Practices for Developing E-Learning Content
Despite the current tough economy, forward looking organizations continue to invest in developing their human capital. In the past, employees were trained in the skills needed for a specific job, however in this rapidly changing business environment, cross-training can help employees to be more versatile.
E-learning has become an increasingly used training tool due to its cost-effectiveness and flexibility. Organizations are hopping aboard the technology training bandwagon in a big way. So if your organization is currently using e-learning technology (or considering doing so) then you should bear in mind the following seven best practices for developing e-learning content:
- Make e-learning engaging, interactive, and experiential.
- Use industry, company or job-relevant examples in e-Learning modules.
- Involve subject-matter experts or thought leaders in the development of e-learning content.
- Use research-based or reliable information when developing content.
- Use blended methods if possible to accommodate different learning styles.
- Use creativity or innovation in design.
- Create easy-to-use support materials.