Outsourcing Your Human Resource Needs by: Dinah Bailey
Free PDF Download|
Pre-Employment Profile Assessments - By Dinah Bailey
Many small to medium sized organizations aren't in a position to have a full time human resource role within their company. This could be due to the:
- Size of the organization - as the business grows, even then some companies still can't justify the cost of having a full time in-house HR function
- Demand or awareness of the need for an HR role - many may not realize the HR compliance requirements that are associated with running a business
- Cost dedicated to having someone fill such a role on a full time basis when perhaps the needs are only occasional - may feel it's not worth the cost until the company grows to a certain size
Human Resource Consultants provide a variety of HR related solutions such as:
- Recruitment and Selection - for key positions where the demands of day-to-day activity preclude a senior manager from taking on a detailed search
- Policies and Procedures - putting structure around basic policy and procedures can be a time consuming and difficult task, which can be handled more efficiently by an outsourced specialist. For example vacation, sick leave, recruitment, orientation, etc
- Job Descriptions - the experience of a seasonal professional can put structure and substance around such detailed requirements
- Employee Performance Management - an extremely important area that can again be structured in an effective manner by a seasoned professional
- Standard forms including Offer Letters, Non-Competes, Vacation Requests, Performance Appraisals, etc - when the need becomes more frequent, timely expertise is required in this area
- Orientation Programs for new hires - again, can be a time consuming activity that can be outsourced
- Outplacement services - when conducted effectively, can result in a departing employee feeling better about the circumstance they are in
When considering whether to outsource HR functions, consider the organization's goals and strategies and ensure the human resource needs are in alignment with these goals. In this process, it's a good idea to complete a SWOT Analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) prior to bringing an HR professional on board. Or better yet, have the HR Consultant assist in this process to prioritize the organizational needs and determine how the HR function can be strategically allied in achieving these goals. This step will assist in determining where the company wants to go and how the outsourced HR component can help in getting there.
Outsourcing HR services can:
- Help reduce costs by bringing in an experienced professional when needed for key tasks or on a project to project basis
- Ensure HR processes are being dealt with effectively, consistently and in compliance with statutory requirements (i.e. Privacy Act)
- Assist with organizational growth since the cohesive support of employees and HR is a critical element in the potential success of the organization
- Maintain effective manager/employee relationships - especially important in a non-union environment or where diverse functions don't get the opportunity to communicate on a daily basis with others
- Allow employees and management to do their jobs while someone else focuses on the HR elements
Human Resource services can be grouped together or custom fit for one-off requirements/projects as required. The best option is to have an HR Consultant dedicated to the organization and retained on monthly basis. So no matter what the need or issue that arises, there is always someone available for support and guidance. This way, at a moderate cost, the small to medium sized organization has professional expertise "on staff" without the total overhead cost of a full-fledged HR department.
Choosing to outsource the human resource role is a major commitment as well as a convenience. Get the right fit for the organization and ask for references.
To many smaller organizations ignore the need for HR until it's too late and they find themselves in litigation situations because of a poorly handled situation with an employee.
Good employees come from good policies, which recruit good people and provide effective training. This leads to better direction of skilled employees, bringing the best out of their contribution in a healthy and communicative environment.
Related Articles3 Deadly HR Outsourcing Mistakes You Must Avoid
A Beginner’s Guide to HR Outsourcing for Small Business Owners
10 Critical Factors to Consider Before Engaging in HR Outsourcing
Vulnerability in Adobe Flash leaves Twitter users info prey for hackers
6 Shortcomings of HR Outsourcing for Small Businesses Owners
The Benefits of Outsourcing Your Employee Recruitment Process
Human Resources Outsourcing
Human Resources Outsourcing Maintains Double-Digit Growth
How Recruitment Process Outsourcing Can Help Your Business Stay Focused
Improving Profitability Using Resource Planning & Scheduling Software
Human Resources Outsourcing & Small Employers: A Perfect Match in a Tough Economy
How is Outsourcing going to Benefit Me?
3 Ways to Reduce Employment Costs with Human Resources Outsourcing
Outsourcing ‘has become a mandate’ for recession-hit firms
Avoiding Common Payroll Tax Mistakes With HR Outsourcing
Top 5 Qualities in an Outsourcing Company
Lesson #5: Make Efficiency Your Secret Weapon
38% of software development professionals use outsourcing
Should You Consider Outsourcing SEO?
Resource Management Software Reduces Operational Planning Cost
Free PDF Download|
Pre-Employment Profile Assessments - By Dinah Bailey
About the Author: Dinah Bailey
RSS for Dinah's articles - Visit Dinah's website
HR ByDESIGN provides real time Human Resources support, guidance and expertise for small to medium sized organizations that haven't yet reached the demand point of requiring a permanent or full time human resource person or team. As well, we supplement and compliment existing HR teams when additional collaboration is required.
By outsourcing Human Resource services, our clients continue to focus on achieving their organizational and business goals while HR ByDESIGN effectively manages the HR functions. HR ByDESIGN's mission is to provide complete client-focused human resource solutions. We are committed to continuously bringing the best level of customer service to our clients and their employees while providing effective human resource outcomes.
Dinah Bailey is the principal of HR ByDESIGN. Dinah began her career in the human resource field over 12 years ago where she specialized in recruitment and customer service. As she progressed in this industry, she expanded her knowledge and expertise to other roles such as Career Consultant and HR Advisor. Her working experience with smaller sized organizations has granted her the understanding and appreciation of what it takes to efficiently streamline human resources in small to medium sized organizations.
Dinah is an honours graduate of Sheridan College's Human Resource Management program and is a CHRP Candidate as established by The Human Resources Professionals Association of Ontario (HRPAO). The HRPAO is a recognized leader for the human resource profession in Ontario and Dinah has been a member in good standing since January 2003. She has also been recognized for her outstanding contributions to work place excellence through Alberta Venture's E-Awards, Quality of Working Life.
For more information on how to capitalize on your organization's Human Resource requirements, contact us today to arrange for a complimentary consultation. Telephone: 905-452-8813 Email: email@example.com
Click here to visit Dinah's website.
More from Dinah Bailey
Human Resource SWOT Analysis
Outsourcing Your Human Resource Needs by Dinah Bailey
Are You A Great Boss
An Organizations Number One Asset
Related Forum PostsHRPreneur
Corporate Resource Speakers in Australia
Re: What is your biggest challenge? Today?
Re: Make Friends...Literally BUILD them!
Re: Should a start-up outsource early?
Share this article. Fund someone's dream.
|Three Mistakes that Can Kill Funding for Your Start Up|
|Why iPhone application development is popular?|
|The Google Guys: Sergey Brin and Larry Page|
|7 Ways to Respond To a Controlling Person|
|Lesson #3: Follow Your Heart|
By: Evan Carmichael
||Like this page? PLEASE +1 it!|
Get advice & tips from famous business
owners, new articles by entrepreneur
experts, my latest website updates, &
special sneak peaks at what's to come!
Bullying in the Workplace – How to Deal with It
Getting the Word Out - Using a Media Kit
How do you keep it together on a daily basis?
Email us your ideas on how to make our
website more valuable! Thank you Sharon
from Toronto Salsa Lessons / Classes for
your suggestions to make the newsletter
look like the website and profile younger
entrepreneurs like Jennifer Lopez.