10 reasons to contact your customers today
There's an old expression in sales: Out of sight, out of mind. If customers forget that you exist, they'll be less inclined to remember you when they need your product or service.
In sales, maintaining regular contact with clients goes hand-in-hand with providing exceptional service. It helps to build relationships. It often leads to new sales opportunities - opportunities that might have eluded you otherwise.
If you have customers who've been off your radar for a while, here are 10 reasons why you should contact them today.
- 1. Inform them about some new development within their industry. Study trade journals and publications for the hottest new trends.
- 2. Ask how a recent marketing or advertising campaign performed. Did it achieve expected results? This could trigger a discussion point.
- 3. Announce a new product or service that your company plans to launch. Promise to send detailed information as soon as it's available.
- 4. Ask a question: What's the biggest problem facing your business today? Recruitment? Poor sales? Production issues? This gives you an opportunity to provide a solution.
- 5. Talk about social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Discuss how these services could benefit your client's business.
- 6. Thank them for their business. Many salespeople neglect this basic courtesy. Saying 'thank you' delivers a powerful message.
- 7. Recommend a web site that offers free resources or information that would benefit your client. Web Marketing Today is one example.
- 8. Ask if they need your product or service now or in the near future. If they don't, then promise to follow up at a later date.
- 9. You promised to follow up on a specific date. This shows that you're reliable and that you keep your word.
- 10. Confirm that a recent project that you worked on was completed on time. Or provide an update on the status of a project that's still in the works.