Are You in Your Own Way?
I seem to be in my own way more often than I care to admit. What's really interesting is that the times I catch myself in my own way are usually different variations on the same theme. My Gravity just keeps shifting in form but hangs tightly to me at the core beliefs.
For example - I was raised to believe that I had more than my fair share. My darling mother taught me that because she didn't want to raise an only-child spoiled brat. I am sure she had no intention of impacting my adulthood - but that belief creates more gravity than you can imagine. It seems like every time I turn around, I'm catching myself dragged backwards by that same belief - applied to my adult world.
That belief gets in my way. Even when I change one facet - it evolves to limit me in another way.
- For decades I worked 100 hour weeks and charged for 40 hours - because I didn't deserve any more.
- For most of my life I've allowed people to take advantage of me -financially, spiritually, emotionally and more. Because I have more than my fair share and have to give everything away.
- Clients have been rude, demanding and in some cases just plain abusive - and I take it. Because I have too much so they get to run over me.
- We don't even want to talk about the relationship stories. So you'll have to trust me when i say it's not pretty - and it's all about not deserving anything better because I have more than my share of good things in my life.
So what's my point?
We all have beliefs and knowns that impact our lives - negatively and positively. That's part of being Human and a Natural Born Gravity Machine. Often those beliefs are with us for the duration - but that doesn't mean we can't shift them over and over again until their impacts are barely noticeable. That's what I've done with my example belief. After decades of focus - I'm finally shifting to understand that I can have it all - and so can every being on this planet if we choose to create bounty. Abundance is everyone's fair share!
My questions for you are:
- How often do you check in to see if you're standing in your own way with some old nasty Gravity thinking whose time has come?
- How do you check in?
- How do you shift to get out of your own way?