Seven Steps To An Attitude Transplant
I can’t go 30 minutes anymore without hearing someone
whining about the economy. While I can
understand the folks on the local and cable news channels dwelling on the
negative, I have a hard time understanding why a business owner or manager
would. If you’re one of those who are on
this negative bandwagon or just someone who needs some guidance, you’ve come to
the right place.
If you own your business, chances are you’ve invested not only a lot of time in your business, but most likely some blood, sweat, tears….and oh, some money too. Do you want to throw it all away? Are you prepared to lose it all?
I didn’t think so.
So let’s talk about changing your attitude, with something I call an “Attitude Transplant.” While I can’t promise there won’t be some pain involved in changing your mindset, I can promise you won’t get scars from it. Here are some easy steps to begin your transplant:
1. Choose What Is Right: Let’s face it, what’s wrong is always available to us. So is what’s right. Unfortunately, its human nature to gravitate towards what’s wrong. Swim upstream against the current and change this mindset. Choose What’s Right!
2. Revisit Your Goals: Pull out your goals and make sure you have a plan to make them happen. If you don’t, get planning or get someone to help you. “If you’re not planning, you’re planning to fail.” People with goals and plans don’t have time or energy to get negative.
3. Remember Your Staff: Hug the top 20%, develop the middle 60%, and get rid of the bottom 20%. Take the money you save by firing the bottom 20% and invest in the “keepers”. Get them some additional training that will help them excel at what they do. Now that’s positive!
4. Keep a Positive Attitude: Keep your glass half filled at all times. Celebrate victories of all sizes. While your going to have a bad day every once in awhile, remember that yesterday ended last night. Start each day upbeat and go take on the world!
5. Let your Passion Hang Out: Wear your passion on your sleeve. Don’t hide it, promote it! Doing what you’re passionate about and showing it in all you do can truly be attitude changing (and not just to you). Infect others with it!
6. Be a Living Brochure for Your Business: You own it, why not flaunt it. Be proud of what you’ve built and it will show to others. You’ve got experience and wisdom from owning your business…share it. People will want to buy from you.
7. Be a Success: Unsuccessful people won’t do what a successful person is willing to do. Can you smell opportunity?
Now get out there and kick some butt! Have a great week.