Book Yourself Solid The Simple Selling Process
1. Shift Your Perspective
Start by building relationships with your potential clients based on trust. Remember that you are
making them aware of something you offer that they are looking for.
2. Emotional Triggers
Selling is based on emotion. Here are a few generic emotional triggers almost everyone has:
* People want to feel accepted and needed . People want to feel satisfaction from their
accomplishments. People want to feel admired and recognized for their accomplishments.
* People respond to the issue you're uncovering because it creates an emotion pull and charge for
3. The Simple Selling Process
Remember that the selling process is more about your clients and less about you. The great part
is if you are selling properly, all you really need to do is...
* Ask more questions than you answer. Listen more than you speak.
* Relate to your potential clients' needs and desires. Keep the conversation positive and
The conversation becomes a simple selling process with the addition of just one key
question: "Would you like a partner to help you achieve these goals?"
With this one question you make yourself the key to the solution. Your clients do all the
selling for you. They:
* Articulate the benefits. Create mental imagery toward producing results. Keep their self-
criticisms out of the way. Visualize results and gain confidence about what their life would
look like. Visualize you as the right partner to help them achieve these goals
4. Keep in Touch
Get a commitment for a next step. Think of yourself as a life- long consultant.
Tip to remember:
* Move the relationship forward. Follow up and ask for small commitments. Don't give in and
don't give up if you know you can help.
These are the easy steps to simple selling, and Booking Yourself Solid. Start small, end big.
Remember successful selling is really nothing more than showing your prospects how you can help them live a happier more successful life.
Copyright 2005 Michael Port & Gayla DeHart
Michael Port is the President of Michael Port & Associates LLC and is known as the guy to call when you're tired of thinking small. To spend some more time with Michael and to think bigger about who you are and what you offer the world go to http://www.bookyourselfsolidvancouver.com
Gayla DeHart, of Vancouver, Canada, is a Professional Coach with a Ph.D. in Psychology. She provides coaching services to single professionals who want to hone their dating skills, and offers a special package that includes an emotional intelligence (people skills) assessment, review, and post- date debriefing. Go to www.achieveexcellence.ca/contact.