Why You Must Keep Marketing Through The Recession
Today, I’ve decided I am not going to participate in the recession. Nope, not going to do it. Everyone is talking about the pending economic doom and granted, it’s not looking rosy out there, but, I’ve decided that for my own health and my client’s health I am going to make decisions based upon possibilities rather than fearing the future.
That’s why marketing during a recession is critical. Those businesses that do not market in a recession will be a victim of its wrath.
Furthermore, I am convinced the best ideas and most creative strategies are born out of necessity because it causes people to get even more creative and inventive in ways to reach their customers and to stretch a dollar. Still not convinced? Here’s five reasons why marketing during a recession is a good idea:
1. Your competitors will be pulling back their efforts, as a result your business can increase market share.
2. Not everybody is out of a job or hurting despite the bad economic news. The remaining people still have needs and more importantly money to spend.
3. Remember it’s a Recession NOT a Depression. Most recessions are over in about 1 year.
4. Better prices from media outlets, direct mailers and publications. Why? Their business is down so they’ll be willing to deal to get your business so be prepared to negotiate.
5. You’ll get more business on the other side of the recession when it’s over.
The bottom line: Defy logic and ramp up your promotional efforts during this recession and vow: “I am not going to participate in this recession.”