PREPARE TO ADVERTISE!
If you have followed me at all, you realize that I am not a big believer in advertising as defined by most people. I do believe in 2-step advertising and especially if you have something of perceived value that you can offer to a prospect.
Let us define 2-step by John Jantsch of Duct Tape Marketing : "As the name implies, 2-step advertising is simply a form of advertising that motivates readers or listeners to take a step or action that essentially signals that you have your permission to begin marketing to them.
Step 1 by the prospect signals Step 2 by you and the marketing dance is begun.
- Step one: Offer the reader for a report, sample, or something of high perceived value.
- Step two: Send a report to all who respond and market to this group like crazy.
Effective advertising should follow a plan. I typically work with these questions when designing an advertising campaign:
- Who will manage the program?
- What is the budget for the program?
- What is the target market/ideal client that the ad will be directed towards?
- What is the message/offer we will convey?
- What types of media, will we use?
- How long should the campaign be in effect?
- How often should we change the ads?
- At what time/date's is the best for the ads to appear?
- How will the effectiveness of the ad campaign be measured?
- How will the campaign be evaluated/controlled?