Basic steps to normalize recipes
Following are a few basic steps to standardize the recipes and bring cost in control.
- Decide the quantity of ingredients for an individual dish or portion (semi-finish products).
- List the ingredients in order of use.
- Reference utensils and equipments to use.
- Specify oven temperature, mixer speeds, container sizes, cooking times, serves to # clearly.
- Give decoration detail for each plate.
Display final photograph of each plate so that anyone can look at the picture and see how it is supposed to look when it is ready for customer.
Finally, make this information easily available to each chef and cooks.