They all buy. Only some return time and again
Too many retailers focus on new Customers and, thus, pay zero attention to repeat customers. How often you pamper your repeat customer with birthday or anniversary greeting or send them emails and sms on festive seasons? Have you ever differentiate between a regular customer and countless flying purchasers.
Retailers normally run special events or offer discounts to attract new customers. But they forget that they are seasonal. They will immediately switch to the stores those are offering similar or more lucrative offers and events. Whereas, the repeat customers will buy the entire range of merchandise you offer and, thus, helps you in achieving your goals.
Here are a few suggestions to maintain good relation with regular Customers:
1. Create a detailed database of your Customers and make use of them to wish them on birthdays and anniversaries or sending them festive cards.
2. Arrange special promotions or events for them like discount or extended shopping hours.
3. Make use of some good frequent shopper program or loyalty program and privilege them in form of different transcripts.
4. Communicate with them on regular intervals for exchanging ideas. Customers are often impressed when they receive “friendship” instead of “sales pitch”.
5. Do not reward new customers for the sake of existing repeat customers. Run schemes, promotions and offers in such a fashion that it gives benefits to both new and existing customers and tempt new customers to become a repeat customer.