The Importance of Pride, Self Esteem and Confidence in Selling
- the confidence that comes from knowing the sales process, strategies and tactics to effectively execute a sales cycle;
- self-confidence - that feeling that you will simply be comfortable in your own skin, with another individual, who you will successfully sell.
Bob's niche is in the service industry - businesses associated with construction - so we talked about people whose background may not be sales. Since they are being asked to acquire business, we discussed the difference between their title (plumber) and role (sell).
Bob is a believer in performance based pay - for everyone - and sees the day coming where everyone is compensated on performance.
His top tips for success in 2010:
- It's not enough to just be good anymore. You must be better than you were before - you must become great.
- You must have a step by step plan to achieve your goals. It's a new world and we have a new economy so your plan of action much change - at least slightly.
- For CEO's and Presidents - Fish stink from the head down so you need new strategies and a new mentality to succeed in this new economy.
- Sales Managers must take the lead in the quest to improve their salespeople.
- Salespeople must embrace the changes to the plan in order to see their results change.