Coaching Action Plan for Sales Managers
• Have your people set specific goals and connect with them regularly to maintain accountability.
• Evaluate where people are at from a personal, and/or competency basis to assist you in developing them to their full potential.
• Always leave people with action steps, goals and deliverables.
• Use a template or formal tool for inputting, tracking progress, and generating feedback on the coaching progress.
• Have a process of profiling and targeting those people who are ready to be coached now, invest coaching time with these people.
• Provide quick focus sessions to problem solve and trouble shoot between regular coaching sessions.
• Listen to truly understand others unique point of view.
Are you an effective listener?
• Facilitate the process of problem solving with your people in coaching sessions instead of just giving them the answer.
• Gain rapport and credibility with a wide variety of people that you coach.
• Keep the conversation focused and on track.
• Ask probing questions that get people communicating and sharing truth, challenges and fears that may be inhibiting them from succeeding.
• Use and fully understand the applications of assessment tools and processes as a coach.
• Ensure People finish a coaching session with re-energized, focused and committed consistently