8 Ways to Make Your TV Advertisers Mad!
You wouldn't believe the number of calls I get from vendors! Some days it is astounding. Here is a list of a few things that turn me off which probably means they also turn your advertisers off:
1. AEs who don't know how to clearly state their value - why they need me to listen, take appointment, etc. You have about 5 seconds to get my attention.
2. AEs who ramble on and on when leaving a voicemail or say they are calling to "check in" or "touch base." Business owners don't have time for that.
3. AEs who either arrive late for their scheduled appointment or are not respectful of my time in some way
4. AEs who misrepresent themselves in some way to get to the decision-maker or to get the appointment (I threw that one in ‘cause I'll bet it's true!)
5. AEs who insist on saying "Tell me about your business" or any other basic question that could be answered by browsing my website or "googleing" me or what I do.
6. AEs who give the same speech or proposal to every client (I can spot those a mile away)
7. AEs who make claims they can't fulfill to get the order
8. AEs who waste time trying to become friends rather than solution providers. Build rapport but remember, most advertisers have their own circle of friends and look to you to help them grow their business.
Bet you can think of a few more - please add them to the list!