SEO Copywriting Techniques to Increase Your Rankings
Do You have a website with great content, but you are just not getting enough traffic or low rankings despite having a well-written site?
Solution: You need to appeal not just to your target market, but also to the search engines, which pick up on certain keywords and phrases. When you learn how to incorporate SEO keywords into your website, you will drive more traffic to your site and dramatically increase your ranking. Here are some tips to use.
1. Identify your SEO keywords
Choose the best seo keywords and phrases for your target audience. These are the words and phrases that your buyers are typing into search engines. You can find these keywords by asking yourself what a prospective customer would think to type into Google.
* Think like your target audience - use words and phrases that customers would choose
* People type like they talk - avoid formal language
* Put keyword phrases together - Don't just say "our firm," say "our public relations firm"
* Mention your keywords or phrases 4-5 times per webpage
2. Content is King
Don't forget, you are still writing for your target audience and that robotic sounding copy is a huge turnoff. Your job is to keep your readers happy with interesting, well-written content, while also feeding the search engines with SEO keywords to keep up your ranking. No one wants to read choppy writing with obvious keyword placement, so it might take some practice to weave the content with the keywords, but keep trying until it sounds fluid and natural.
* Keep giving readers what they want - helpful information
* Use shorter bursts of content - this will give you a higher ranking
* Focus on good copy first and then incorporate the keywords second
* Keep the site creative - you can weave key phrases into the copy without making it sound like a robot is doing the writing
* Place benefit words around the main keyword phrases - this helps Google to draw readers in
3. The Power of Titles
One very important element for SEO keywords is the title. Use unique titles for each page on your site. Think of the title not only as your headline, but way to grab the attention of both readers and search engines. A great title can make the different between your site being clicked on and a reader passing by, so spend a little time brainstorming titles.
* Compel visitors with a great title - use a keyword phrase
* Keep titles on the shorter side - otherwise you'll lose both readers and search engines
* Make titles enticing enough that readers will click - and discover your site
4. SEO Keywords Placement
Here is another hint about keywords. It also matters to search engines where you place them on the page. When search engines scan for keywords, they do so up and to the left. Keep this in mind as you write your website and plan on using some keyword phrases in this location. Even if this seems too regimented, it is recommended that keywords be placed here for a better ranking.
* Include keyword phrases near the top of the page
* Both readers and search engines will scan your page - so use those keywords and phrases as soon as possible.
5. Test, Test, Test
If you are not getting the results you want, try something different. Google Analytics can give you a wealth of information of how people find your site, what they search for, what pages they visit, and where they exit. Take that information and make it work for you.
* Your website is not a static page - work with it and don't be afraid to change things that aren't giving you the results you want.
* Find out how people get to your site and where they are exiting.
* Set goals and see how high you can get with your ranking.
Even if you just try a few of these tips, you'll have taken the a first step into using SEO keywords and phrases to enhance your website and your readership.
Read my article How to use SEO to get traffic for more information on seo and seo keywords.