An Internet Marketing Strategy for the Mystified
Free PDF Download|
What Type of Business Should I Start? - By Lee Lister
Ok, you’ve got your web site set up, you are sure that it is search engine friendly and you are pretty certain what your customers want. You’ve identified at least 3 affiliate programs/products that you want to promote and you think that they meet your potential customer’s needs. So now what?
Well unfortunately the days, that I can remember, of “build it and they will come” have long gone. Unless you promote your web site – no one will know that you are there and no visitors means no sales. So where so you go from here?
Well take a deep breath, a pen and paper and let’s start on your Marketing Strategy. Briefly for a new business, with a relatively inexperienced marketer, your strategy will probably include the following options:
Pay Per Click Advertising
So let’s get started – and before you start panicking, you are just writing your Marketing Strategy. This course will explain how to do all of the following.
Your Advertising Kit
For each of your programs/products
1. Write a short advert – say 50 words.
2. Write a very short advert – say 15 words
3. Write a short article – say about 400 – 600 words.
4. Decide on your keywords – say about 30 – 50 words.
Your Marketing Kit
For your web site theme
1. Write at least 6 short auto responder messages.
2. Find or write at least 2 giveaway products.
Your Marketing Tools
1. Your web site
2. An autoresponder
3. A good email account
Now let’s put all of these together into your first Marketing Strategy.
1. Submit your web site to all the major search engines. This will start to get your web site noticed. As this takes a long time, it needs to be the first thing that you do. You can do this yourself or pay someone else to do this for you. We provide this service for our customers for $20 a month, which includes submission to Google, Yahoo and MSN.
2. Set up your autoresponder form on your web site and load your messages into the autoresponder. Ensure that you offer one of the giveaway products as a bonus for signing onto your ezine. The second giveaway can be set up for message 3 or 4. Your messages should be sent in the following intervals. Day 1,3,7,7,7,7
3. Set up your download pages, for your bonus products as well as the products you are selling. Ensure that you provide an extra offer on each download page.
4. Submit your article – including your resource box, to about 6 major ezine article sites. Limit yourself to 6 at the moment. Each of these submissions, if accepted will give you a link to your web site. If too many links to your new web site appear very quickly, search engines assume that you have been using “black hat” SEO tactics (a total no no) and will not list your site.
5. Identify 4 forums that discuss the topics of your web site. Set yourself up an account name that describes you well. We use the name “Biz Guru” which is our trade mark and name. Set up your signature to include your web site address. Start answering questions asked within the forums. Do NOT post adverts for your web site or products. Use this time to establish your credentials. If you answer questions well and contribute to the forums, your web site tag will be noticed.
6. Set up a PPC campaign – you can start with the smaller search engines first. Take your very small advert and your keywords and use them in your campaign. Most search engines will help you with your choice of keywords. Remember to set a budget and test, test and test again until you get quality and converting traffic.
7. Set up some classified ads. You can do this one of two ways: i)choose one or two major sites/email lists and advertise with them. ii) use an ezine ad blaster to send your ad out to numerous lower quality places.
8. Test, Update and Modify. Review, change and add to your PPC keywords. Submit more articles and adverts. Start tactfully promoting your products in the forums.
Well that’s what to do
© Copyright 2006 Biz Guru LLC
Lee Lister, writes as The Biz Guru, for a number of web sites including her own www.BizGuru.us and www.clikks.com where she sells her informational products. With over 20 year’s management and business consultancy experience with businesses large and small as well as being a serial entrepreneur, she now helps others set up, develop and market their businesses.
This article may be freely distributed if this resource box stays attached.
Related ArticlesDo you need an Internet Marketing Plan?
Internet Marketing Strategy – Top Tips
Internet Marketing Strategies To Make Your Business Successful
Internet Business Strategy
Do You Want To Get Into Internet Marketing?
How to Guarantee Success With the Right Internet Marketing Strategy! ~SUCCESS SECRET EXPOSED
“Ten Strategic Tips For An Effective Internet Marketing Strategy From Your Strategic Thinking Business Coach”
Free Internet Marketing Strategies That Work!- FAST CASH MAGNETS
Effective low budget internet marketing strategies
How to Use SEO for Internet Marketing
Branding Goal – Internet Marketing Strategy
What Is The Best Way To Get More Traffic?
M is for Marketing Strategy
Internet Marketing - A Matter of Balance
Best Internet Marketing Marketing Methods For Beginners! ~INSTANT SUCCESS
Who Else Wants To Know This Secret Lead Generation Strategy?
Find a Reliable Online Marketing Firm in Tampa, Florida
How Effective Is Your Internet Marketing Strategy?
Creating Your Own Web Marketing Strategy
2 Online Marketing Methods That You Should Use Now
Free PDF Download|
What Type of Business Should I Start? - By Lee Lister
About the Author: Lee Lister
RSS for Lee's articles - Visit Lee's website
Lee Lister is a Business Consultant with more than 25 year's consultancy experience for many household names. She is known as The Bid Manager or The Biz Guru.
From an early age she began an unparalleled journey through business consulting that continues to span across the UK, USA, Europe and Asia. She has consulted for a considerable number of companies all over the world. Specialising in business change management, start up consultancy and trouble shooting. Lee's experience in marketing and internet marketing is also keenly sought after.
She is a prolific published writer of books, ebooks and articles and can easily be found on major search engine and Amazon. Her books include: FastTrack Bid Management, Proposal Writing For Smaller Businesses, How Much Does It Cost To Start A Business, Entrepreneur's Apprentice and a series of Start My New Business books that do as they say in the title!
Click here to visit Lee's website.
More from Lee Lister
Pitching to Win and Winning that Pitch
Got a great business idea and not sure when to make the leap from that nice safe job to your new business
Article Marketing Make It Easy On The Reader
Entrepreneurs Advertising You Need It More Than Ever Now
Entrepreneurs When Your Business Is In Trouble Due To The Recession Here Are Some Things To Review
Related Forum PostsRe: Best Internet Marketing Strategy
Re: Kevin's Case Study #11 - A New Forum Category?
Book: Secrets of Six Figure Women
Re: Best Internet Marketing Strategy
Internet Marketing Conference on SLife
Share this article. Fund someone's dream.
|Today’s Profiles of Entrepreneurship in Africa: Aliko Dangote|
|Is Your Business Tough Enough to Survive Recession?|
|Features of Kall8 Phone Service|
|Catch Someone Doing Something Right|
|How to Listen like a Detective|
By: Evan Carmichael
||Like this page? PLEASE +1 it!|
Get advice & tips from famous business
owners, new articles by entrepreneur
experts, my latest website updates, &
special sneak peaks at what's to come!
Life is a Balancing Act!
Self Employed Opportunities for Retirees
Offshore Outsourcing - Better Read the Fine Print
Email us your ideas on how to make our
website more valuable! Thank you Sharon
from Toronto Salsa Lessons / Classes for
your suggestions to make the newsletter
look like the website and profile younger
entrepreneurs like Jennifer Lopez.