Entrepreneurs – What Happens When No One Loves Your Products?
Well the obvious answer is to find out why:
* Ask your current and previous customers what kind of things they would like you to sell.
* If you have products that are sold as a recurring matter, then ask your customers what improvements they would like. You can do this as a survey, a competition (if allowed) or a suggestion box. The answers may surprise you.
* Is your product a copy of another much better item?
* Look at what your competitors are doing – have they improved or re priced – or even stopped selling the item all together.
* Are you sure that you have not just fallen into the new comers trap of selling something that no one really wants? You did do your research didn’t you?
* You are marketing your product and your business aren’t you? If people don’t know you are there, they can’t buy from you. Don’t fall into the trap of slowing down on your marketing as you get more established.
So now you know what is wrong, let’s look at a few things that you can do to your old products.
* Rehash them to make something different.
* Combine two or more products.
* Repackage them.
* Re-price them.
* Sell them in a sale.
* Sell them on an auction site.
* Test new markets with your old and new products.
* Develop a new niche market.
* Redesign your marketing plan so that you market your new or old product in a whole different way. A new coat of paint always helps.
* Differentiate yourself from your competitors so that you stand out.
* Focus your marketing on acquiring new customers for a short while.
* Follow up on your past customers and offer them the new or old product at a reduced rate.