Your Mailing List – How to Get Sign Ups
Your mailing list – the key to improving your internet marketing – but how do you build up your list?
1. Write yourself a report or small ebook – about 10 pages is sufficient. Give it a catchy title, make it an interesting subject and put your web site and contact details inside it. This is the reward for your subscribers.
2. Set yourself up with a good autoresponder system or service.
3. Set up an opt in form on your web site – offering your ebook as an incentive to sign up. Ensure that you state that emails are not sold – and keep to it!
4. If you have a physical location give out cards asking for permission to include your customers on your mailing list.
5. If you have a conventional mailing list –include these cards in your correspondence or direct your customers to your web site to sign up.
6. When you send out products to your customers include these cards in the package.
7. Some autoresponder services include an IPN to PayPal allowing you to automatically include buyers to your list - subject to them confirming their subscription via an opt in confirmation email.
8. Write articles and include your sign up list email address in the resource box.
9. Contribute to other web sites including your list email address.
10. Trade content with other complimentary web sites and put your list email address as a reference.
11. Post useful information on forums and bulletin boards with your list link.
12. Add your ezine to ezine directories.
13. Set up small ads on other ezines.
14. Place ads in search engines and portals.
15. Give products to joint ventures that provide gifts to visitors as a list building exercise.
16. Offer your ezine to your affiliates – or set one up just for them.
17. Include your list link in your eBay shop.
Lastly make the contents of your list interesting to as many people as possible.