Ten Things Entrepreneurs Have In Common
Every small business owner is an entrepreneur, right? Living and breathing their job, finding it difficult to stop even at night, sounds like you or someone you know?Entrepreneurs all share some other common characteristics.
1. Passion All entrepreneurs are very passionate about what they do. They seldom quit working even when seemingly engaged in other activities. While other people dream about what they will do with their time off, the entrepreneur dreams about how to make their product better. While other people stand around waiting for it to be time to quit, the entrepreneur wishes there was more hours in the day to work.
2. Perseverance The entrepreneur not only puts in long hours, they believe they are right at all costs. They see the project as their baby. Just like a great parent who spends many hours training their child to be an adult, the entrepreneur spends many hours tweaking their project to be just right. When others have given up, the entrepreneur is still working on their project.
3. EmpatheticThe entrepreneur is empathetic. The long hours that they have struggled with their own projects allows them to care deeply about others. The entrepreneur is very careful about listening to the input of others. Most entrepreneurs start a new project because they strongly believe they have found a better way to do something that others are complaining about.
4. Ability to Listen Entrepreneurs are great listeners. While the entrepreneur is often seen as very quiet, the truth is that they are soaking up everything around them. This person may have very little to say, but when they talk, others need to be listening. The great entrepreneur understands that their customers will share with them great ideas that they can employ to make a profit.
5. Dreamer’s Spirit Never satisfied with the status quo, the entrepreneur is always dreaming about a better tomorrow. They are actively thinking about how to improve their project. Everywhere the entrepreneur looks they see an idea that needs exploring to make their project better. Everything ties into their project which is their baby.
6. Advice Entrepreneurs are great learners. They seek the advice of other entrepreneurs that have gone before them. They ask outstanding questions that will enable them to dive deeper into a subject. They honestly believe that others are smarter than they are and seek out this advice willingly. They are also very adept at cutting to the core of a subject.
7. Influential Great entrepreneurs are very influential. The entrepreneur has the ability to lead wherever they are found. Other people love to be around them because they will take the leadership willingly and work tirelessly. The entrepreneur has a wide range of activities because people seek out their leadership abilities.
8. Active Learners Many entrepreneurs do not have much formal education while others have doctor’s degrees, but there is one thing all entrepreneurs share in common. They are active learners. They seek out others that have a deep knowledge of a particular area and learn from them. They understand that learning from their employees and customers is one of the greatest ways they can spend each day.
9. Flexible Great entrepreneurs are very flexible. They want the very best for their projects. Therefore, they are willing to change anything about themselves, their company or their product that will make it better. In fact, they welcome change in hopes that it will improve conditions for themselves and those around them.
10. Goal setters Entrepreneurs are constantly driven by goals. The successful entrepreneur can tell you exactly what their goal is and how they expect to arrive at that goal. They understand the importance of a timeline and will do whatever is necessary to arrive at that goal on time and under budget.
What do you think about entrepreneur characteristics, have I missed any?