Hosting Service Providers in India: Ways to Solve Outgoing Spam Problem
Spam is a growing menace in the world of Internet. Incoming spam and junk email is not the only problem! Outgoing spam is also worrying the users; especially the ISPs (Internet Service Providers), ESPs (Email Service Providers) and hosting service providers in India. Spammers use hosting service providers and ESPs to send spam, thereby spoiling the credibility of the provider. Hosting service providers stand the risk of being blacklisted if outgoing spam is not controlled.
India has become the IT hub of the world. Many hosting service providers have come up in the last two decades. Outgoing spam has become a nuisance for the service providers. The hosting service providers in India are finding it difficult to deal with the problem of outgoing spam. A recent study indicates almost 40% of service providers had their IP addresses blocked in the past twelve months.
Spammers create account with the intention to spam inboxes. Recipients may have blocked the IP addresses of regular spammers. Still, they can send emails indirectly from the accounts of the hosting service providers or email service providers. A recent report stated that junk and spam emails accounts for 65.73% of Indian email traffic.
The actual culprits safeguard themselves at the expense of the hosting service providers of India. Indian hosting service providers and Email service providers can take some steps to minimize this problem.
* The number of outgoing messages from an account may be limited to a certain number per day. This will prevent the spammers from sending large number of junk emails every day.
* Spammers use software to create an account. This email account is used for spamming. The service providers can use puzzles that require a human being to solve it, in order to create an account. Thereby, quick account creation for spamming can be reduced.
* A small amount may be imposed on the sender for sending emails. The legitimate user will not be affected if the money to be paid is very less. But spammers, who send several emails every day, may find it costly.
* Complaint rate should be increased. Automated complaint registration should be done against spammers by the service providers.
* The service providers can classify all outgoing emails as clean or junk. The spam emails can be made to land in the junk folder of the recipient.
* Software that filters outgoing spam can be used by service providers, before sending outgoing emails.
If these measures are employed, the problem of outgoing spam can be cut down considerably. Spam is annoying! A hosting service provider that has a repute of sending spam may suffer huge losses in business. It is necessary for the provider to tackle the problem of outgoing spam, especially in India. Competition is at an all-time high in the IT industry in India. Clients will but-naturally go for a service provider that stands out in every arena. Winning the trust of the client is crucial! Web hosting service providers in India ought to be well-equipped in the war against outbound spamming.