Embed PowerPoint into Website with Office Web Apps
Want to attract your audience with your professional PowerPoint presentations on your own websites or blogs? That sounds so cool. Now the new feature of Office Web Apps that released recently can achieve what you want easily.
The new feature in Microsoft’ Office Web Apps will give users the ability to embed their presentations and spreadsheets in blog posts and other web pages, giving people who visit their sites a new type of window to show their documents.
Now, let’s learn how to embed PowerPoint presentation into your website or blog step by step:
- Log in your Windows Live account. (If you don’t have an account, create one.)
- Click your Office on the navigation bar.
- Click New files to upload the PowerPoint files that you want to share.
- Create a new folder, name it and change its permissions. (The folder must be public and shared with everyone, or it will just be a private presentation that can only viewed by you.)
- Drop your documents into the window or select your document from your computer.
- Hover over document, then select More, Share, and Embed.
- You have got the embed code, now you can copy and paste it anywhere you’d like the PowerPoint presentation to appear.
It is done! Is it so easy to share your PowerPoint? In one word, there are only three steps: upload – change permissions – embed.
With the embed code, you can have your presentation shared with others easily. As what I have mentioned before, you can put the presentation to your websites or blogs. Here is the guide for embedding PowerPoint into your wordpress blog:
- Copy the embed code containing iframe.
- Switch to the HTML view on your Wordpress blog composition windows instead of the Visual view.
- Paste the embed code and do not move back to the Visual screen. Visual screen by default removes the source code which is not in the allowed list.
- Publish the post with the iFrame code. (Remember, do not switch to the Visual tab, else, you will lose the iFrame code.)
I follow these instructions but the final result is not what I expected: it didn’t show the PowerPoint as the sample does; what I can see is an icon of PowerPoint presentation. When clicking the icon you will be directed to the download page.
They are quite different. So what’s wrong? I already followed all the instructions. I check the solution online but still can not fix this. But a Microsoft MVP told me it should work and it works fine for him.
Anyway, it is a new way to share your presentation online. It would be better if Microsoft can release this feature. Because there are many PowerPoint file embedding service on the internet nowadays. For example, SlideShare and Google offer the ability to embed spreadsheets in web.
But Microsoft still has the great potential to popularize the technique of Office Web Apps -- reported a few days ago that 20 million people have used the Office Web Applications in the first 100 days since its launching. And as the same time, there are still a lot of features to improve in the future.
Compared with all its competitors, what cons and pros do you think it has?
- It is very easy and convenient for you to embed PowerPoint presentation into your website.
- The really neat thing about documents that have been embedded on a site like this is that any changes that are made to the file in the SkyDrive account will also be reflected in the embedded file.
- Although the feature that support full size show your PowerPoint, it will take very long time to load file if your presentation contain a lot picture or video or songs.
It is always good news for us to have a new way to empress our audience. Actually, there are many other good ways to share your PowerPoint; one of these is to convert PowerPoint to Flash. And Wondershare PPT2Flash Standard will help you to make the prefect conversion. All the animations, hyperlinks, multimedia file in your presentation will be well retained. Besides, it can save the presentation in a much smaller size.