Smart Phones and Social Media
Smart-phones with their capability of installing customized apps are more popular than older multimedia or featured phones. People tend to choose smart-devices due to:
- their enhanced performance,
- improved user experience
- presence of their large app store
Social media is taking its step towards smart-phones so as to allow users to connect with them all the time and improve their statistics. Even the mobile market has sensed this need and hence many mobile manufacturers are coming up with new mobile devices which either have a single push-button based devices to access social media or widget based phones, which embeds social media apps.
According to a report published by ComScore in March 2012, customer engagement on social media platform, Facebook, through a smart-device was more than 7 hours a day as compared to 6 hours from a desktop device. Likewise, Twitter account holders connects with their account for about 2 Hours a day, while the duration for same account was 20 min. approx from a desktop or laptop.
Reasons that why this happened could be:
- with the coming of cloud computing platforms, mobile apps have become more handy and provide accessibility anywhere,
- no need to start the device again and again to access the account, it’s just about one or two clicks,
- users are getting broadband speeds on their mobile devices, so dependency on desktop systems or laptops has virtually vanished
- device functions are more dedicated for social media integration. Users can directly upload their photographs in their album in social media rather than first uploading it to their computer and then to their account.
- Facebook, the most popular among all. Facebook has developed this app for more than 2500 mobile handsets, including various feature phones and multi-media phones.
- Twitter, another popular social media platform known for its short post called tweets, is perfect for the mobile user. Short character tweets are perfect for posting through a wireless media.
- eBuddy, helps you to use three social media platform’s i.e. facebook, AOL and yahoo instant messaging service on the go. No need to install each app for the device separately. It’s just eBuddy and you get all the three you want.