What is 4G?
Often while hearing about mobile technologies it comes to our mind what exactly is the wireless mobile technology and related terms like 3G and 4G etc. In order to understand what 4G is all about, it is very important for us to firstly know what mobile technology is. Basically, mobile technology is a technology which connects you to the world through devices like mobile phones, laptops etc using various communication technologies like Bluetooth, 3G, 4G etc.
4G stands for Fourth Generation Technology. When we talk about generations in mobile technology it covers the various advancements and progressions that took place over the years. Here are some of the few reasons why the world needs 4G to be implemented:
1. With 4G, you will be able to interact with anyone sitting in any part of the world.
2. Getting information from internet in any form you like will become even more pleasurable through 4G.
3. GPS navigation will be more widely used as wireless communication will become faster. In addition, you will get current updates about traffic, routes, traffic jams, one-way traffic etc on your navigation system.
4. 4G mobile will drastically increasing the data transfer speeds. WiMax, a part of 4G, promises data transfer speeds up to 120 Mbps.
5. Multimedia streaming will become as smooth as never before. With the introduction of cloud computing platforms, a lot of data in the form of movies, music and documents will be stored on the cloud and having 4G enabled on your computing device you could access these files anytime, anywhere.
But 4G mobile also requires superior security measures. Using 4G mobile, the internet access on computers as well as mobile phones will increase drastically. With the advancement in technology from 2G to 3G to 4G it has now become possible for users to stay connected to the web at all times hence, boosting their business worldwide. People will be able to communicate more proficiently and quickly.
The various generations in the advancement of technology have been new versions of the old technology. Similarly the fourth generation is the total replacement of the current 3G. There are certain objectives which have been kept in mind for 4G technology like employing the IPv6 system which will supersede the existing IPv4 system. Another feature of 4G technology is that services will be available according to the preferences of individual users. The only shortcoming this technology will possess will be its initial cost. The most important feature offered by 4G is that it can be used for internet access in your home and that too wireless. Also there are no data download limits in 4G for now. However with more users joining in we might see internet providers put data usage limits. Currently, 4G services are available in US and the UK only. As a lot of telecom software companies are doing their best to deploy 4G it is expected to reach other parts of the world by 2013 through.