Free Press Release Resources
Looking for even more resources to help you build your press releases? Here are 16 articles our expert authors have compiled and more great resources to help you create effective press releases.
“I like thinking big. I always have. To me it’s very simple: If you’re going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big. Most people think small because most people are afraid of success, afraid of making decisions, afraid of winning. And that gives people like me a great advantage.” - The Art Of The Deal
||Press Release Articles
- Writing Good Press Release Copy - Ten Things You Should Do 1. Less is more. Editors or copy tasters will decide in seconds, whether copy is suitable for publication. Copy that is overlong is more likely to be rejected than accepted.
- Smashing the Myth of the Press Release - The press release is no more important to your potential of scoring free publicity than the demo tape was to our musician friend. If he had no talent, if his songs sounded like garbage, the best recorded demo tape in the world wouldn't get him signed. Ditto for the publicity seeker. If you don't have a story to tell, your press release is utterly worthless.
- How To Write The Ideal Press Release… - Press Releases traditionally follow the same format. And as such they will invariably cover each of the following: Subject – What the Press Release is all about. Organisation – Who wants to promote their Company? Advantages – The USP's. Applications – Where or when it's been used and who by. Details – How to purchase it.
- Putting together a press release - Putting together a press release How you write a press release can make the difference between it seeing the light of day or not. Get the angle right, make it short and factual – and your chances will increase greatly.
- Become A Recognized Expert In Your Industry - It doesn't matter what field of business you are in. It can be in carpet cleaning, auto repair, gardening or quantum physics. If your clients and the media perceive you to be an expert, they will seek you out for advice, your perspective on stories they are researching or even to offer you business.
- The Press Kit - The Company Press Kit Most people know what a press or media kit is, but few use it effectively. Putting together an effective press kit takes time, thought, creativity and as much money as you want to put into it.
- Publicity From Thin Air - A good publicist can quite literally invent a story that the news media will eat up. And, best of all, they're usually stories that can be presented with little or no adjustment year after year.
- When to issue a Press Release - The time to actually issue a Press Release is when you've got something to say about what you do, or to put it another way when you've developed a “hook” or an angle, that will appeal to the editors that you're planning on sending the Press Release to.
- How Not to Write a Press Release - When you get an idea for a press release, ask yourself this question: "Is this something someone else would be interested in or is this something only I (and maybe my mother) would want to read?"
- 55 Reasons To Send Out a Press Release - There are many factors to weigh when considering the need to send out a press release. As a publicist I have sent thousands of releases over the years and while there are no hard and fast rules, the most important factor is that you've got to make sure it's newsworthy and useful to the reader. Any thing else and it's just a waste of time for the members of the media.
- How to get FREE publicity - The difference between PR and advertising is that with the latter you pay for exposure and control the message. PR is the art of getting favourable coverage without paying for it – except in time and effort.
- Introducing E-PR - The New Marketing Hybrid - Write stories about everything that's going on at your company. Stories can include new product development, new hires, recent projects, customer testimonials…whatever puts you in a positive light within your industry. The more online news you can generate, the more likely you will get "picked up" by online outlets, get noticed by your buyers and influence your search engine rankings.
- The Press Release aka Tell Me Your Story In One Page Or Less - Ah, the infamous press release. What is it? Traditionally, a press release is a one-to five- page document that tells your story. Unlike a letter, there is no salutation, n or is the release personalized or written to a particular person. It is a general document you can use f or the different media.
- What is a media release - Whether you've heard of it as a media release, press release or news release, the chances are that if you are in business, you have heard of media releases and even considered using one. The catch is that the term media release is used a lot but isn't really well understood by many people.
- Ultimate PR Edge Get Reporters To Open Your Email - You know that getting publicity is vital to the health of your business. You probably also know that e-mail is the way most publicity seekers get in touch with reporters to score that precious coverage. Here's what you don't know: The vast majority of e-mails sent to journalists never get read.
- Are You Making These Press Release Mistakes? - Before you hit that "send" button, take a moment and run your press release through this checklist. Remember, you only have a few seconds to catch the attention of busy journalists and editors -- don't blow it over an easily corrected mistake.
- Media Lists and How to Build a Fantastic one - How do you keep up to date with all the PR opportunities out there? Here are our Do Your Own PR tips to help you do just that.