You Can't Do This Alone
Have you ever heard when a little kid says...
"I Do It Myself!"
They basically want you to back off and they don't want to accept any help. (My nieces definitely fell into this category!)
There's a problem with this thinking - not at this stage but further down the line.
When the little girl is....I don't know.....30...or 40...or 50...or 60...(get the pic?)
"Do-It-Myself" Works Great For Shoe Laces But Not So Good For Sales
I'm an independent, free-spirited person who has always struggled in asking for help.
Maybe it's because I'm the oldest. Maybe it's because I'm FIERCE....I don't know.
But in the 8 years I've owned The Sales Divas - I've learned to ask for help. I had to as there was so much I didn't know.
I knew nothing about websites. Didn't even KNOW what an ezine was. I didn't have a clue on how to tap into social media. Web metrics? How to speak in front of thousands? How to hire a Virtual Assistant?
The only thing I knew was HOW TO SELL and MARKET and I knew I had to ask for help immediately for the other stuff so I could grow at the rate I wanted.
I asked for help, I paid for help and I put it into ACTION FAST.
Remember lady - as Dan Kennedy says "Money loves speed."
Are You Still Busy Making Shoelaces With Your Business?
If you're trying to do everything yourself with your business I'd bet that:
* Your office has many To-Do-When-I-Have-Time Piles
* You're stuffing boxes, licking envelopes and filing
* You do your own book keeping (and poorly at that)
* You are boundary-less and OFTEN work at night and week-ends
* Marketing is one of the last things on your list
* Creating sales forecasts is something you avoid
* Your database is growing s-l-o-w-e-r than molasses
Uh-Oh! You're In The Do-It-Myself Zone
Listen. Your strategy is going to burn you out, confine your income, frustrate your friends and family and probably help you go broke.
Not so fun.
Instead you need to:
* Outsource the piddly stuff that's dragging your attention from the big stuff.
* Hire a Virtual assistant, or someone to come in and clean out your nasty office
* Create strategic alliances so you can expand your business with cool ideas
* Be part of a Mastermind - I have the most AMAZING people in the world on my speed dial!
* Have a business coach you speak with regularly.
I want you to succeed. I know you want to succeed. So don't you think it's about time
YOU GAVE UP the "Do-It-Myself" Strategy?
Love from your Bossy Sales Diva,