Eating For Success: Breakfast For The Busy Corporate
Here are 3 options for a quick and easy, healthy breakfast to kick start your day. All recipes take only five minutes or less to prepare.
Protein Power Shake Mix in a blender - 1 piece of fruit i.e. banana or mango are divine
* 1 handful of almonds (for protein and good fats)
* Milk or Water for liquid (I use water to save the extra calories)
* 1 dessertspoon of flaxseed oil (for good fats)
* Cinnamon or nutmeg to taste
Protein Pan Cakes
1. Beat 2 tablespoons of raw rolled oats into 2 egg whites and cook on a hot pan (no oil)
2. Top with a piece of fruit chopped up, low fat cottage cheese and some real maple syrup or honey.
Cottage Cheese, Nuts and Fruit
This is the quickest, cut up a piece of fruit, top with a handful of raw almonds and some low fat cottage cheese. Eat and go.
All of these quick breakfasts can be prepared and eaten at home in a space where you can mentally prepare for the day. Eating on the run at work is not feeding your body energy.
Start the day with a simple breakfast at home.