About Evan Carmichael In 99 Words.
I #Believe in entrepreneurs. At 19, I built then sold a biotech software company. At 22, I was a VC helping raise $500k to $15mil. I now run EvanCarmichael.com, a popular website for entrepreneurs. I breathe and bleed entrepreneurship. I'm obsessed. Aiming to help 1 billion entrepreneurs. Change the world. I've set 2 world records, use a stand-up desk, ride a Vespa, raise funds for Kiva, wear 5-toe shoes and created Entrepreneur trading cards. I speak globally but Toronto (#EntCity) is home. I love being married, my son, salsa dancing, DJing, League of Legends, and the Toronto Blue Jays.
I Help Entrepreneurs.
* Beyond classics: Bruno Mars, Eminem
* Greatest actor of all time: Jeff Bridges
* Greatest movie of all time: Seabiscuit
* Most underrated actor: John Turturro
* Greatest sport of all time: Baseball
* Greatest salsa song of all time: Hoy Aprendi
* Greatest computer game of all time: Sid Meier's Civilization
Recognition & Media Coverage.
* Evan was named one of the Top 100 Great Leadership Speakers for your Next Conference by Inc Magazine
* He is considered one of the Top 40 Social Marketing Talents by Forbes
* He has been interviewed / featured as an entrepreneurship expert by media across North America including:
Helping Brands Connect.
Evan has been interviewed / featured as an entrepreneurship expert by media across North America including:
We help brands that sell to small businesses like TELUS and American Express who are frustrated with their online marketing build communities with massive engagement. Communitites that small business owners care about. Communities they want to be a part of. Communities that mean something to them. I help brands who want to be seen as a friend of the small business community, not just a company trying to sell products.
From Evan's Desk.
Here's more on me:
Hi I'm Evan, thanks for visiting my website.
I love helping entrepreneurs and hope I can help you too!
Here's a little bit more about my story...
How I Got Started.
I've been an entrepreneur for as long as I can remember.
My first venture started when I was 5 years old and I convinced my 3 year old little sister to make some drawings with me which we sold door to door.
I made my first sale to my neighbor for 5 cents - I was in business!
From there I jumped from business idea to business idea always looking for the next hot thing.
I dealt baseball cards, I sold plastic canvas kits, I tried online startups.
None of them had any real success but I learned a lot through the process.
Finding My Passion.
If you look at successful entrepreneurs you'll find that they all have different personalities, backgrounds, and values but the one thing they all have in common is that they are passionate about what they do.
I set up EvanCarmichael.com with the goal to help other entrepreneurs stay motivated and give specific strategies that can help you build a successful business.
I discovered that I LOVE helping entrepreneurs and that I was really good at it too.
It's so hard to start a new business and keep the faith that what you're doing is the right thing.
It's easy to want to quit - every entrepreneur thinks about quitting multiple times and just going back and getting a job.
I believe entrepreneurs can be a tremendous force for good in this world and love being able to help either by giving them specific advice or even just showing that someone believes in them.
The One Billion Goal.
I believe that when you find something you love doing and that helps people you owe it to yourself to give it everything you have to try to make it work - otherwise you'll always wonder "what if I just tried a little harder?"
My goal is to help 1 billion entrepreneurs through my website - so far I'm proud to say that this website has helped over 20 million entrepreneurs... but I'm just getting started.
I know it's hard running a business - a lot of the work sucks, you don't get paid what you're worth, and often the people around you expect you to fail.
I'd like to help makes things a little easier if I can - we've got profiles of famous entrepreneurs that can inspire you, articles from experts that can educate you, and Zhuges for entrepreneurs that can give you a step-by-step guide to solving your important challenges.
I may not respond right away as I get a lot of correspondence but I'll do my best to help!
Under The Hood.
- I love salsa dancing and between dancing, DJ-ing and teaching, I'll spend upwards of 25 hours a week at Toronto Dance Salsa.
- I'm a big baseball fan. The Toronto Blue Jays are my team but I'm also a fan of baseball history. Can't get enough!
- I'm constantly life-hacking. Recent successes are using a stand up desk instead of sitting all day and Vibram FiveFingers instead of shoes.
- My favorite mode of transportation is my Vespa. If there's no ice on the ground I'm riding it!
- I've help set 2 world records for charitable causes.
- Two words. Popcorn Machine.
- My favorite TV show right now is Suits.
Thanks again for stopping by and reading my story.
I hope you'll explore the site and look forward to hearing from you!
Best of luck with your business - Do something you're passionate about and that has an impact on people's lives.
And don't give up! You owe it to yourself and the world to give it your very very best!
See you at the top!
PS. If you want to learn more about me, check out the video at the top of the page. I'm also a fan of salsa dancing - below is a performance video of mine with Toronto Dance Salsa and pictures with business icons Ted Rogers and Brett Wilson.
Over the years I've had the pleasure of meeting many other movers-and-shakers, here's some photos of a few:
Evan is available for speaking and media engagements. To contact Evan click here.