Creating A Newsletter Without A Monthly Charge – Ask Evan

In this video I answer a question from one of my readers, Felicity, who asked how she can create a newsletter for her online business without having to pay a monthly charge.

Hi there, how are you today Evan.  I hope you can help me.  I own a shop on Ebay and many of my customers don’t opt in for my newsletter.  I have collected all their emails and would like to send them information on my Ebay store each month but I don’t know of any databases that can help me do this with having a monthly charge.  Do you know of any that I can use Evan?  I know it is important to follow up customers and possibly get back-end sales.  Could you please help me with my query?

I am in the process of getting a Facebook store going directing people to my Ebay Store.

Thankyou Evan, I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards
Felicity (Australia)

My Answer

What do you think? I’d love to hear your thoughts if you leave a comment below!

56 Responses to “Creating A Newsletter Without A Monthly Charge – Ask Evan”

1. Creating A Newsletter Without A Monthly Charge – Ask Evan http://t.co/SpGWxgu

2. Creating A Newsletter Without A Monthly Charge – Ask Evan http://t.co/cwbOk26

3. Creating A Newsletter Without A Monthly Charge – Ask Evan http://t.co/gPAXQab

4. Creating A Newsletter Without A Monthly Charge – Ask Evan http://t.co/9lMmCHK

5. Felicity says:

Hi Evan, that was very helpful, thank you so much for that information. I will look into the software program you mentioned. I am very grateful for your clip outlining ways to mail to customers. Thank you again Evan.

1. Glad you enjoyed Felicity and thanks for the question!

You can learn more about Aweber and the other tools that I use to run my business at: http://www.evancarmichael.com/blog/top-tools-i-use/

If you have any other questions just let me know.

6. Creating A Newsletter Without A Monthly Charge – Ask Evan http://t.co/Kpeiu9B

7. Creating A Newsletter Without A Monthly Charge – Ask Evan http://t.co/03gvxMr

8. Philip Lop says:

Creating A Newsletter Without A Monthly Charge – Ask Evan – In this video I answer a question from one of my readers… http://ow.ly/1dpTkX

9. Creating A Newsletter Without A Monthly Charge – Ask Evan http://t.co/GaFGl3k

10. Creating A Newsletter Without A Monthly Charge – Ask Evan http://t.co/3a3OGS8

11. Creating A Newsletter Without A Monthly Charge – Ask Evan http://t.co/xzs0XQr

12. Harry says:

Interesting! The solution you provided in the video is really helpful. I haven’t really tried to create mail merge using MS Word and Excel but that’s a really good alternative in creating a newsletter. Thanks!

13. Rose says:

Hi Evan & Felicity! I work for a teeny non-profit, and wanted to do some e-Newsletters. I signed up with Mailchimp – it was about $10 to get started, and you can just import your address list in. They have many packages, based on quantity and frequency. But the best one for someone getting started is that you can send about 12,000 per month for free! That’s not bad! Then, should you need to step up to a paid subscription, they are still very reasonably priced. And hopefully the newsletter will be increasing your sales to help with this investment anyway. Mailchimp has all sorts of built in reports for spam filters, opens, clicks, etc. It also has a wide variety of professionally designed layouts. It’s a fantastic tool! I’m not a rep for them or anything, just a happy customer.

One thing I learned, however, is that when building an address list, be careful. If people have not asked to receive newsletters, and you repeatedly blast them with such, you will offend more people than not. This is just bad business, if you think about it. So I’d encourage you to earn the right to send your newsletters, rather than just assume everyone needs/wants to receive them. Find creative ways to get people to sign themselves up, and you’re safe. If you must proceed using the email addresses that you have, just be cautious to not overwhelm people.

Good luck!

1. Thanks for sharing Rose!

14. RT @evancarmichael: Creating A Newsletter Without A Monthly Charge – Ask Evan http://t.co/Nv0g4kA

15. Kendra says:

You’re recommendation is very useful. I was also thinking how to create a newsletter without a monthly charge that would be an additional cost for me. Thanks for the video! Gotta learn how to mail merge. I bet it’s just easy.

16. Karl Detken says:

Creating A Newsletter Without A Monthly Charge – Ask Evan #SM #SocialMedia http://t.co/9mrfBBh

17. Anna says:

Looks like an easier and more convenient way to create newsletter! Glad I saw this!

18. Arni says:

Wow! The first option sounds good. I didn’t know we can do that. It is very simple yet effective.

19. Dory says:

Newsletter is a great way to update your clients. Mail merge sounds easy and complicated. Please post on how we can do it too. Thanks!

20. Jay says:

Great video! By the way, I called my ISP provider and they don’t know the maximum email I can send out. I guess I just have to try it first to know.

21. Bob says:

Do they need to opt in for mail merge too? I don’t know much about it. Your site helps me a lot!

22. Noel says:

I used a free email list service before and then it became unreliable. My emails won’t sent out and most of the time my clients were not receiving them at all. Then I decided to try AWeber and it does the job well!

23. Benj says:

AWeber was also recommended to me by my friends. I highly recommend this. Thumbs up for this video!

24. Flor says:

Please post a quick tutorial on how I can use mail merge. I am just starting my online business and want the cheapest way to send newsletters. I will surely drop by your site again.

25. Rose says:

I am using AWeber for a year now and got outstanding results. I heard about mail merge just recently. It’s a good option too when you are just starting out with your contacts.

26. Louie says:

Can you create multiple lists on AWeber? It would be great if I can send unlimited emails. I am interested on getting this.

27. Anton says:

I will definitely try AWeber first. Spam filter scores caught my attention. I will need all the help I can from this software. Thanks for recommending!

28. Mayer says:

Will you also please let us know how to create an effective newsletter? What are the dos and don’ts? I am a beginner and would like to learn more.

29. Gina says:

I would really want to see how to do the mail merge. Will you also let us see how AWeber looks like? How it works too. Thanks!

30. Mark says:

I love creating newsletters. I am using mail merge for now. I am completely satisfied with the result.

31. Jayvee says:

My friend told me that we can send unlimited emails using AWeber. There are a lot more features on it too. I would have to try it myself.

32. Mich says:

I am also interested with the spam filter scores. I might try Aweber and see if I will like it. Great video Evan!

33. Pam says:

I would really like to see how to do mail merge. This is an excellent tip for people like me who are just starting out. You are good!

34. Vicky says:

You have done a great job on this video! I would love to see more tutorial videos too. Cheers!

35. Nikki says:

Mail merge is very easy and convenient. I have been using this for years and it works fine with me. Thanks for letting other people know about it!

36. Carson says:

I am glad that my sister told me about this article. I got AWeber after seeing your video. I tried it and I’m happy with the result.

37. Andre says:

Two thumbs up for this video and AWeber! I have been using it for couple of months now. Aweber is a very helpful too.

38. Johnny says:

Aweber might be the one I am waiting for. Can you teach us how to create a newsletter? What are the important things we need to include?

39. Jane says:

Most people still love to receive newsletter. I hope this works fine for me. Gotta learn how to mail merge. Thanks for the suggestion.

40. Abigail says:

I didn’t know that you can create newsletter just by using MS office.That’s a really good suggestion. That is really convenient.

41. carl says:

That’s a really good alternative way to avoid some costly monthly charges for newsletter. Thanks for this!

42. Mia says:

Great suggestion as usual! That’s really convenient for any business. When you don’t have monthly charge for newsletter you can save the money for other important expenses.

43. John says:

I admire you for making a video response. It only means that you really take time on responding to people’s queries. Great site by the way!

44. Naomi says:

Hi Evan, thanks for this video response. I was also thinking of another way on creating newsletter without monthly charge. I want to save for other fees. Thanks for the suggestion!

45. Sonny says:

Great suggestion! Never knew you could do that just by using MS Office. Thanks a lot!

46. Angel says:

I like graffiti. I think it’s unique and fun. I believe people will like it. Just be confident with what you do. Great advice on the video!

47. Ces says:

It’s very nice that you give a video response there. Hope we can also see how to do the mail merge. It’s really convenient to create news letter without a monthly charge.

48. Jan says:

That’s awesome. It would help me save money for other expenses. Thanks for the suggestion. Really helpful!

49. Lenny says:

I have to learn how to do a mail merge so that I can create newsletter. I’m looking for a way to create newsletter for my book site and this really gave me the answer. Thanks so much!

50. RT @EvanCarmichael: Creating A Newsletter Without A Monthly Charge – Ask Evan http://t.co/S1K3txe

51. Thanks Evan.
    I would recommend using an email service provider like Aweber, right from the beginning.It is worth the investment. They have double opt-ins and it is safe also. I like their customer service-both email and telephone support.

52. Anil Gupta says:

Dear Evan,
    I regularly get your newletter and enjoy the great content. Can you give a demo of how you do the mail merge to send out newsletters please.

Thanks and regards
    anil

1. I’ll see what I can do – I don’t use Outlook anymore!