One strategic action that I encourage all my clients to take is to look at any undesired or unplanned outcome of their efforts with a keen eye and a mindset toward identifying the lessons learned from the experience. The strongest and most effective leaders have the ability to commit to identifying and acting upon those lessons learned. And I believe leaders take a totally different view of failures that are experienced in their businesses and in their personal lives. The following is a quote from Denis Watley that I believe provides a strong confirmation of my belief about failure. Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end. Failure is something we can avoid only by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.
So what are some of the important "lessons learned" for leaders? Your strategic Thinking Business Coach offers the following list of ten (10) important lessons learned for leaders.
1. Always remember to thank people for what they do and for helping you.
2. Always remember to pay it forward!
3. Always remember to count your blessings!
4. Always pursue excellence in all that you do.
5. Always pursue knowledge and commit to and be a lifelong learner.
6. Always conduct yourself with the utmost honesty and integrity.
7. Always respect the wisdom of others, especially your elders.
8. Always look for opportunities, especially during periods of crises and change.
9. Always keep an open mind.
10. Always seek advice,
Your Strategic Thinking Business Coach recommends that you commit to focus on the lessons learned from all of your life experiences in order to grow as a leader in your business and in your personal life