Twelve Essential Characteristics of MVP (Most Valuable Performing) Leaders
By: J. Glenn Ebersole, Jr., Founder & Chief Executive of J. G. Ebersole Associates and The Renaissance Group
We often hear some people referred to as leaders. And sometimes they are called great leaders. What makes a leader or great leader? What are the essential characteristics of those leaders that are the most valuable performers? I did some research and also did some recollecting of my own experiences with some great leaders and developed what I believe to be the 12 essential characteristics of MVP leaders.
1. MVP Leaders develop and define a clear focused vision. They have a very clear mental image of that vision and they declare
2. MVP Leaders develop and define a clear mission in their life. It becomes their calling and their purpose in life.
3. MVP Leaders set measurable goals ad objectives and develop a strategic action plan to reach those goals and objectives.
4. MVP Leaders hold themselves accountable and set the example for accountability for others in their organizations.
5. MVP Leaders have a strong code of ethics and live by that code every day.
6. MVP Leaders show total commitment to their vision and mission.
7. MVP Leaders are selfless and will always put duty before self.
8. MVP Leaders are strategic thinkers.
9. MVP Leaders encourage and promote innovation in their organizations and value new ideas for continuous improvement.
10. MVP Leaders are teachers and mentors. They create a learning environment.
11. MVP Leaders demonstrate respect and trust for their staff and employees.
12. MVP Leaders have the ability to remain calm and keep their heads when they are in a crisis.
The above twelve (12) essential characteristics define a very high performance leader. Are you a MVP Leader? Do you possess these twelve essential characteristics? Or are you interested and ready to improve your leadership skills to become a MVP Leader? If you are looking for additional information and some guidance on how to become a stronger and more effective leader, please contact Glenn Ebersole through his web site at www.businesscoach4u.com or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org